Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kitsei

How to switch cable provider info?

I had Spectrum cable but got rid of it cause they no longer support channels like NatGeo Wild and now I am trying to relink to a new cable service so that I can watch stuff. How do I unlink from Spectrum?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: How to switch cable provider info?

@Kitsei Did you get a new internet provider and change your wifi name and password?  If so on your Roku device just go to settings, network, set up connection, and select your new network. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to switch cable provider info?

@Kitsei-

Any channel apps that you had to log into and authenticate with your "tv provider" former cable credentials will stop working.  When this occurs depends on how quickly your former cable company kills off your account - might happen right away, might take a while.

You'll need to log out of those apps and log back in with your new cable credentials.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Jalbin73

How do I select a different internet provider when activating a new app?

I accidentally chose spectrum as my Internet provider instead of infinity when trying to activate NBC Sports app on my phone. I am unable to go back and choose the right provider and I keep getting directed to sign into spectrum when I don’t have an account with them. How can I go back and select the correct Internet provider?

0 Kudos