Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pixie289

How to remove section-categories Food Home Sports Browse-Movies TV Shows New & Popular from Home

The other day, these really annoying new add ons showed up, on my home page -Browse and Categories sections. I want to remove them.  I have no interest in Food, Home or sports and if I want to find a movie or TV show or new isn't that what the Roku channel is for and What to watch section. Get it off of my home page. It has ruined my set up. I have checked the settings and there is no way to get rid of it. Roku, this is redundant and unwanted. Leave our home set up to us.

2 REPLIES 2
Yepitsme
Reel Rookie

Re: How to remove section-categories Food Home Sports Browse-Movies TV Shows New & Popular from

Found the exact same issue to be profoundly annoying!  There shouldn't be mandatory useless/involuntary bloat-ware type of clutter on our "personalized" home screen.  Each update over the past year or so makes roku exponentially more infuriating and less useful.  Pls lm(us)k if you discover a workaround to get rid of those idiotic home screen category icons. Thx.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to remove section-categories Food Home Sports Browse-Movies TV Shows New & Popular from

Hi @pixie289, @Yepitsme,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We value your opinions on this feature and will make sure to share them with the relevant parties so they can be further reviewed.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos