Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Susan8

How to remove hidden Vudu TV app?

Jump to solution

I checked the apps installed on my Roku stick through the hidden screens you can access via the remote control's sequence of buttons and I see that I have Vudu TV installed, but Vudu TV is NOT represented as a tile on my Home Screen and I never purchased or requested this channel. Any ideas on how to un-install and remove this hidden app would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to remove hidden Vudu TV app?

Jump to solution

Hi @Susan8,

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are inquiring about how to uninstall the Vudu channel.

Please be advised that channels can be removed from your Roku streaming device from within your channel lineup or from within the Roku Channel Store. Channels can also be removed when using the Roku mobile app on a compatible mobile device.

To remove a channel from your Roku device, you can these easy steps below: 

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Move to the right and highlight the channel you wish to remove
  3. Press Star on your remote to open the Options menu
  4. Select Remove channel and confirm when prompted

Note: the subscription must first be canceled before the channel can be removed from your Roku device.

You can visit this Support article for detailed instructions on how to do it: How to remove channels from your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to remove hidden Vudu TV app?

Jump to solution

Hi @Susan8,

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are inquiring about how to uninstall the Vudu channel.

Please be advised that channels can be removed from your Roku streaming device from within your channel lineup or from within the Roku Channel Store. Channels can also be removed when using the Roku mobile app on a compatible mobile device.

To remove a channel from your Roku device, you can these easy steps below: 

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Move to the right and highlight the channel you wish to remove
  3. Press Star on your remote to open the Options menu
  4. Select Remove channel and confirm when prompted

Note: the subscription must first be canceled before the channel can be removed from your Roku device.

You can visit this Support article for detailed instructions on how to do it: How to remove channels from your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos