Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trina611
Binge Watcher

Re: Britbox

Jump to solution

Earlier last year I had this problem.  It was driving me up the wall. So since I already had Amazon Prime, I deleted the stand alone britbox app and purchased through Prime.  That was my only solution because I was seeing shows that I completed watching from a year ago it was crazy. It's really strange that Britbox is having a hard time with such a simple task of deleting history and no watching it to the end does NOT work.  Good luck!!

0 Kudos
Houser
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm not sure why y'all are recommending signing up through prime bc it does not solve the problem. You still cannot remove anything from continue watching.

0 Kudos
itsamoon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

There is no black X in any of the corners of the thumbnails of shows in my continue watching list.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We appreciate your contact, @itsamoon.

We recommend contacting Britbox directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues and functionality inquiries. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Britbox support here: https://help.britbox.com/hc/en-us

Many thanks,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
southsider
Channel Surfer

Re: Britbox continue watching issue

Jump to solution

if anyone is on Twitter please contact @reemah who was just named CEO of Britbox.

I'm still trying to find a list of names of executives, especially the IT head. So far I haven't been able to. When I do I will post here.

This lack of the ability to delete continue watching is at the least amateur hour if not a disgrace for a world wide organization. This function is available in all major streaming channels, some not as good as others but is there. Acorn has a pretty good system.

Twice I stopped my account and signed up with two different email addresses and started anew just to get rid of the long list of the keep watching list.

It's really unfortunate because I do enjoy a lot of their programming but the IT is run by D students.

nyc99
Reel Rookie

Re: Britbox continue watching issue

Jump to solution

Just wondering -- Does anyone know if this is a worldwide Britbox issue?
Or is it a north american issue? I am in the United States.

At this point I can only laugh at the absurdity of this issue. Last year people had come up with 3 different work arounds. 1. deleting on the computer, 2. fast forwarding the last episode of the series to the end and 3. streaming Britbox through amazon. Now -- from the most recent messages I've seen none of those work arounds are currently working. 

Not that I'm paranoid but are the programmers doing this intentionally? The work arounds have been stopped but the problem persists -- 

I'm not on twitter but will try to find an email address.

itsamoon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This worked for me this time. I tried it based on a suggestion fro tech support at Britbox but they didn't say the part about starting from the main menu, not from the Continue Watching list.

The only difference is that I have to do it on my PC and so I don't get the Go Back option.

I now have an empty Continue Watching list!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
rockledge
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Please stop telling people to contact BritBox. They are aware of the issue and all they do is say "we are working on this".  Well, they have had several years to "work" on this issue to no avail.  I will finish some programs and then cancel my subscription -- too frustrating for me!

0 Kudos
southsider
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm not telling anyone to contact the useless CS. I'm telling people to try to contact the upper management, executive levels and the new CEO. Don't use the info if you choose not to, I get the frustration, I really do. But as a subscriber you should not have to deal with this frustration and pay for it on top of that.

There is no excuse to not redo the interface to include this option for the continue watch feature. Every other mail streaming channel can do it, so can they. In fact, the app had the ability to x out cw episodes and then it was gone and I think that way back at their beginning you could do it on the streamer. Why?? What's the reason, it's not like they have to push ads with their contact.

I really like their content, I can overlook their lousy server that keeps buffering my videos but ignoring something easy to fix is not customer service. We're paying money to watch this channel and deserve to have the basic of options. Acorn can do it, others like Netflix and Amazon have not very convenient ways of doing it but at least they have something.

I'm still looking for any contact information for the upper management and I will post it to every site that has Britbox comment, including Britbox site if there is an option to do that.

Trina611
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Not even months...I reported this issue over a year ago. They do not care. I canceled through the app and subscribed through Amazon Prime tv. Unfortunately, if someone doesn't have Amazon prime they can't do this....ugh.

0 Kudos