Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DonnaRez66
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix Netflix not working on my Roku streaming device

Jump to solution

Hi, I have a sharp roku tv and I my amazon prime and Netflix keep going back to home screen. I have no issues with any other channels/apps.  I've deleted the apps and reinstalled the apps, still going back to home screen. Is there a problem with rook and these two apps as I see it has been an issue for a couple of years now with the same 2 apps and roku.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @DonnaRez66

We appreciate your contact!

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know if this works for you!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Prospyrity
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

We've tried all the recommended fixes and it still doesn't work. Terrible customer service and product. 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Prospyrity

Thanks for the post.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
jerywilson9
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Whenever I face this issue, I never try to troubleshoot it on my own. The only thing I do is rely on my Netflix customer care at 1800 431 401.

0 Kudos
Jade1623

Jump to solution

Hey I seem to have an issue with this now. Netflix was working fine then all of a sudden it doesn’t. It loads and then all of a sudden just shuts down. I have tried resetting the connection and the Netflix channel itself. Netflix works fine on every other thing but my Roku tv. Please help. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jade1623,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.

You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have tried everything to play Netflix on my Roku device, just in the last week  or so , I tried to restart, update and uninstall to reinstall, but each time I click Netflix I just jumps back to the logo box again

This problem stop for a day, then back to the drawing board. This problem still exist. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Ojiwendelin

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing with the channel. 

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. 

If you are still unable to play videos from one channel, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

You can reach them here: Netflix Help Center

We appreciate your understanding.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Prospyrity
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for nothing.  Netflix hasn't worked for months now on only ONE streaming device.  I have 3 others that work fine.  That doesn't indicate to me that the problem is with the channel.  

0 Kudos