Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rodrouk
Level 7

How to fix ESPN app 'token is corrupted'

When I try to watch ESPN channels, it shows the message 'token is corrupted'. What does this mean and how can I fix this?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: How to fix ESPN app 'token is corrupted'

@Rodrouk 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Pretendor
Level 7

I have restarted the ROKU Ultra multiple times, unplugged and plugged back in the ROKU, deleted and re-added the ESPN app, tried to see if there were updates for the ROKU, turned off and back on the internet...Nothing fixed the error message. It isn't working. 

0 Kudos
texas_2fat
Level 7

Log out of your tv provider (even though it says your logged in) and then log back in. Should fix it. I have DIRECTV and it worked for me. 

0 Kudos
Punkiin68
Level 7

I’ve repeated the instructions twice for the app and updated it too. Nothing is working 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Customers have reported that they were able to resolve the issue with the following steps:

• Sign out/unlink user/TV provider account in the channel
  • Uninstall/reinstall the channel
  • Sign back in and try again

Keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
kwsyler
Level 7

ESPN.com/activate would not let me log back in to directv

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@kwsyler

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue after following the steps I have previously provided in my last post, you'll want to contact ESPN support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach ESPN support here: https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos