Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndrewMin
Reel Rookie

How to fix Disney Plus not loading

Jump to solution

I am using a Roku TV (one of the TCLs). Having a very odd issue with the Disney Plus channel. When I open any movie on Disney plus, it loads for a little bit (the Dolby logo even shows up in the top right) but before the movie plays, it freezes. This has been happening for the last few days. Sometimes it gets to a Buffering Timeout; sometimes it just crashes.

• Other channels (e.g., ESPN) play just fine
  • I have reinstalled the Disney+ channel
  • I have restarted the TV

Perhaps most strangely, if I play a Disney+ movie on my iPhone or iPad, it plays fine. Then, when I try to AirPlay it to the TV, it has the exact same issue. However, when I airplay using my Mac, it works fine.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: How to fix Disney Plus not loading

Jump to solution

Your RokuOS firmware may have updated recently and be the source of this (you didnt mention the model # or firmware version)

Correct app reinstallation procedure for Roku:

1) Remove app

2) RESTART Roku (Settings/System/Power/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!

3) Reinstall app

You might also consider completely powering down your TCL for 10-15 minutes (unplug from wall) in addition to what @renojim suggested.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

That's a strange one.  I would suggest trying to restart your modem/router and then restart the TV again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Your RokuOS firmware may have updated recently and be the source of this (you didnt mention the model # or firmware version)

Correct app reinstallation procedure for Roku:

1) Remove app

2) RESTART Roku (Settings/System/Power/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!

3) Reinstall app

You might also consider completely powering down your TCL for 10-15 minutes (unplug from wall) in addition to what @renojim suggested.

Jump to solution

There’s something wrong on Roku’s end. I’ve done everything. My app will load fine, but once I select a movie or show it glitches to the point where my whole Roku needs its cache cleared. Also, when glitching it tries to narrate what’s happening as if I can’t see it. 

I've reset in the correct order, unplugged Roku, I’ve cleared the cache, I’ve factory reset, I’ve un-plugged my modem, and I’ve unloaded/ re-downloaded the app several times. Everything is up to date and I’ve checked several times. I even talked with Disney Plus customer service and they did everything they could thing of. Nothing is working. 

With this being said, I need actual help. Roku needs to fix this as it sounds like a channel version update is needed based on the amount of “Disney +” complaints I’ve seen. 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I don't have any answers for you, but if a channel upgrade is needed it has to come from Disney.  They created the channel/app, not Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@kayla_evelyn28 wrote:

There’s something wrong on Roku’s end. I’ve done everything. 
My app will load fine, but once I select a movie or show it glitches to the point where my whole Roku needs its cache cleared. Also, when glitching it tries to narrate what’s happening as if I can’t see it. 
I've reset in the correct order, unplugged Roku, I’ve cleared the cache, I’ve factory reset, I’ve un-plugged my modem, and I’ve unloaded/ re-downloaded the app several times. Everything is up to date and I’ve checked several times. 

I even talked with Disney + customer service and they did everything they could thing of. Nothing is working. 

With this being said I need actual help. Roku needs to fix this as it sounds like a channel version update is needed based on the amount of “Disney +” complaints I’ve seen. 

You haven't mentioned what device(s) you are having this Disney+ app issue with (your account indicates 2: a 3600 and a 3810) or what their firmware version and Disney+ app version actually is.

Are you having the exact same issue with the D+ on both devices?

Do you have any other apps installed? Do you have a similar issue with those apps?

Also, not sure what you mean by "whole Roku needs it cache cleared" and how you accomplished that, or what "resetting in the correct order" is, but there IS a correct order for app re-installation, and nothing you said indicated you did that:

Correct app re-installation procedure for Roku:

1) Remove Disney+ app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

2) RESTART Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!

3) Reinstall Disney+ app

AndrewMin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

For what it's worth, this worked for me (i.e., removing the app, restarting, and then installing the app).

SEnger72

Jump to solution

I have had this issue for a week and tried every suggestion given and then some to no avail.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @SEnger72

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running. I have a few questions to better understand the behavior you are seeing: 
1. When did this issue first start occurring? 
2. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device? 
3. Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up?
4. What specific troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
no1uno

Jump to solution

THIS WORKED FOR ME.

It makes no sense, but....

I tried everything mentioned above, to no avail. I had Diz+ as a hulu add-on. I went directly to Diz+ and subscribed, and it works. Then went to hulu and removed the Diz+ add-on. (Had to do these account add/changes on a browser, not within either app on roku.)

YMMV, good luck!

0 Kudos