Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix Disney Plus Error Code 42

My Disney Plus just stopped working about 48 hours ago, error code 42. I tried on two different Roku models. I checked for updates. I uninstalled and reinstalled the channel. I restarted Roku, and the wifi/router. Nothing works. Disney Plus plays fine on all our tablets, but is not working on any Roku device in the house.

Tags (1)
234 REPLIES 234
Meerkat152
Binge Watcher

Re: How to Fix Disney Plus Error Code 42

@RokuDanny-R

Disney Plus updated to Version 1.17 build 2021110300 today.

Still doesn't work, but now I get an OK button with this message included, "We're sorry, we're having trouble connecting you to the service.  Please check to see that you are still connected to the internet, and try again (Error Code 42)." 

Internet is connected, so that is not the issue.  I have one Roku that is usually not plugged in, so it still has OS 10.0.  Disney Plus Version 1.17 build 2021110300 works fine on there.  It is only the ones running 10.5 that have issues.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to Fix Disney Plus Error Code 42

Just tried Disney Plus on my Premiere 3920. It was a little slow loading, and I hadn't logged this particular player into Disney Plus yet, but it's working fine. 

Other resources you might find helpful:

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

Re: Disney Plus not coming up when I click on screen, just a button that says 'OK'

I am having the same issue with the dreaded 'OK' button and Disney Plus.  I contacted Disney Plus technical support a week ago and we walked through every possibility.  They could not fix the issue at all.  The problem is only with the Disney Plus channel.  They ended up giving me a 1 month credit but that still doesn't solve the issue.  It would be nice to watch new content on my TV without having to do all kinds of work arounds with computers or phones.

What does Roku tech support say I should do?  I have updated all, factory reset, uninstalled, check internet, etc.  It works on my computer and phone but will not on my Roku device. Any help would be great.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Orstrausshouse
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney Plus not working

I deleted the Disney Plus channel and restarted my Roku tv then added back Disney and it still won’t load.  I have the same problem with Hulu.  The other channels work fine.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Orstrausshouse what is the model number of your Roku?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Musoka
Roku Guru

Re: Disney Plus not working on Roku

So this is still a problem clearly. Look, it's 10.5 and roku causing the issue. I rolled my TV back last week after getting this problem and sure enough disney was fine. Unfortunately due to roku insisting on total control and automatic updates on my set you guys updated it again last night- breaking disney+ as well as the information section of the liveTV explorer. Exactly like last week. You're breaking services people pay for. Can we get a response here. I've worked in IT and software QA for well over a decade. I know a bit about troubleshooting... 

sidlittlefield
Channel Surfer

@Musoka 

It has gotten completely ridiculous. I have followed the advice from both Roku and Disney and nothing works permanently. I did get a refund for a month subscription but that was meant two months ago 

Meerkat152
Binge Watcher

@Musoka

They don't seem to be following up on this thread anymore.  I provided the information they requested and have been waiting 2 weeks for a response.

On top of that frustration, I keep seeing offers to buy a new Roku pop up on my system.  I'm not about to buy a new one after Roku disabled mine.

Orstrausshouse
Reel Rookie

It’s a 44” TCL tv serial # YN00TD042619

i got the channels to work after deleting them twice, resetting the tv twice, and resetting the modem 

0 Kudos