Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tpc1
Reel Rookie

Re: Classic Reel channelendless buffering

Jump to solution

Thanks. The response is so appreciated. Happy, healthy 2022 and happy Classic Reeling 🙂

FENSTERBARON8
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'm still having buffering issues, sometimes with titles that are listed as "trending."  I don't know how a title can trend when it rebuffers every two minutes.  It must be "trending" with very patient viewers indeed, or folks watching on supercomputers. The only reason I stick with Classic Reels is that they're the only source I've found for commercial-free viewing of old movies.  But I hope that they get their servers in order, otherwise they're asking for trouble, since someone's sure to come along eventually and start offering the same content -- without any 1990s-like buffering issues. 

Frankygee3

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply but is February 2022 and it's the same **bleep**. Fix it or drop it. This sort of aggravation is not worth the price no matter how reasonable. 

0 Kudos
Breakwater
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Greetings,

I agree with what you write. I'll just add some of my observations: the information I was given previously by CR was somewhat general by which I mean the buffering issue may be resolved by the end of Feb. and not the beginning. I've had good luck with my recent selections, but I agree with you about a movie that's buffering that's listed as trending makes no sense.

On the upside: we know the buffering issue is within CR so we don't need to waste time with our firmware, updates or routers. We also know that CR has many commerical-free movies that can't be found elsewhere, to my knowledge. And according to my previous communication with CR, they're working to resolve buffering issues.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm delighted that CR exists. If you know of a comparable channel, please let me know. CR is a true bargain in a world that has fewer of those everyday and brings me joy as I view a large library of commerical-free Barbara Stanwyck movies, as an example. Plus, CR seems to add new titles to their collection regularly. So, in as much as I hate buffering as much as you do if not more, perhaps waiting until the very end of February might be wise before bringing out the pitchforks. Just an idea...

Breakwater

SouthPawPhlly
Streaming Star

Classic Reel not app not working

Jump to solution

The Classic Reel channel has stopped working.  It says I need to subscribe which I have tried to do several times without success.  I've tried to delete the  channel but that fails as well. I'm Stumped.  Is anyone else having problems with this channel?

0 Kudos

Re: Classic Reel not app not working

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. When I click on classic reel,  my roku stops responding and eventually reboots.  I tried deleting and readding the app without any success.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@jbearOregon @SouthPawPhlly 

Here's how to properly remove/reinstall an app.

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

All three steps, in that order. I'm not hearing a reboot as step 2. What I'm reading looks like you are describing 2,1,3 or 1,3,2 both of which are incorrect.

Try that and see if that works. Be aware that it might not fix it, but this is a step that should be performed when running down issues such as this.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

SouthPawPhlly
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thank you so much!  I have my favorite channel back.

0 Kudos
Breakwater
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Still having buffering issues? Have you recently resubscribed, as promoted on the app?

If so, you'll find a vast improvement in addition to a number to text if you're having issues. I needed to advise them of buffering on a particular flick and they fixed it right away. I'd be surprised to learn if you're still having issues.

Luv CC!

0 Kudos
SouthPawPhlly
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Please see my reply to DBDukes.

0 Kudos