Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdarracq

How to cancel HBO Max on Roku

Jump to solution

What if Max no longer shows as a Roku subscription even though the Max website says its via Roku? I can't cancel it since it changed from HBOMax to just Max.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to cancel HBO Max on Roku

Jump to solution

Hi @Aplasse526,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you wanted to cancel the Max subscription through Roku. We're happy to help.

To cancel subscriptions billed through Roku Pay:

1. Sign in to your Roku account and go to Subscriptions.
  2. Under Active subscriptions, select the subscription you want to cancel and select Turn off auto-renew.
  3. Continue to use your subscription until the end of your current billing cycle.

You can refer to this support article on how to manage and cancel subscriptions.

We hope this helps. Let us know if you need further help.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @cdarracq,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Regarding this matter, it will be effective for you to contact our Account-Billing team directly, as they are the best ones who can further assist you.

You can visit our Account-Billing Support page and choose the "Account, payments & subscriptions" category. There should be an option to talk to one of our live representatives.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are very much appreciated.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@cdarracq-

If you highlight MAX on your Roku home screen and press the * key on your Roku remote, which of these options is shown in the pop up context menu?  If everything is working as it should:

• Remove Channel
    You will see this if the channel was not subscribed through the Roku account to which this Roku is linked.  Removing using this option will remove the channel from this Roku account, but it will NOT cancel the subscription with the channel.

• Manage Subscription
    You will see this if the channel is subscribed through the Roku account this Roku is lined to.  With this option you should be able to unsubscribe from the channel - just click it and follow the prompts.  Once unsubscribed, this option will be replaced by "Remove channel" that you can then use to remove the channel from the Roku account to which this Roku is linked, if you wish.

If you have multiple Rokus, check Settings > System > About on each of them and note the Roku account (as identified by email address) to which each is linked.  If you have more than one Roku account, you will only be able to unsubscribe through the account to which the channel is subscribed, either via the Roku user interface, or by logging into that account on https://my.roku.com.

If this doesn't help, then all I can suggest is contacting Account-Billing Support, as suggested by @RokuJechealR.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Aplasse526

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue.  I just want to cancel the subscription and it will not let me.  Roku sends me to Max and Max sends me to Roku.  Meanwhile I am getting charged for this and can’t find a way out of it.  Someone please help!  Next step is marking the charge as fraud on my cc- as they are not giving me an option to cancel.  

0 Kudos
Aplasse526

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue.  I just want to cancel the subscription and it will not let me.  Roku sends me to Max and Max sends me to Roku.  Meanwhile I am getting charged for this and can’t find a way out of it.  Someone please help!  Next step is marking the charge as fraud on my cc- as they are not giving me an option to cancel.  

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Aplasse526,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you wanted to cancel the Max subscription through Roku. We're happy to help.

To cancel subscriptions billed through Roku Pay:

1. Sign in to your Roku account and go to Subscriptions.
  2. Under Active subscriptions, select the subscription you want to cancel and select Turn off auto-renew.
  3. Continue to use your subscription until the end of your current billing cycle.

You can refer to this support article on how to manage and cancel subscriptions.

We hope this helps. Let us know if you need further help.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator