Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Streaming Star

How to bypass OAN issues with Roku app (2022)

I am just a Roku user who had this problem, I am not customer service.  

Many people have been reporting g problems with the Roku OAN app in 2022. Primary issues have been related to not being able to open or watch with the app, along with subscription. Issues/glitches.  

I am writing this because it doesn’t look like they are going to fix it anytime soon. 

Install and use KlowdTV app for OAN. It is the best possible solution at this point.   It’s only $2.50/month (half of what it costs on Roku) for OAN, and includes a bunch of other channels.  Not only can I watch OAN on Roku via the KlowdTV app (again, for half the price that Roku wants to charge), but I am able to use the KlowdTV app on my phone, computers, fire sticks, etc. to watch OAN everywhere.  I don’t recommend trying to fix the issues like some folks say on here. Especially since the customer service was pretty much nonexistent on this issue.  The Klowd solution is half the price, gives more channels, AND it works on any device. I’m not routing my subscription money through Roku anymore… not after dealing with this mess and finding something better.  I still enjoy Roku for what it is, but not for my OAN subscription.  

https://www.klowdtv.com/packages.ktv

There is one other option, which just became available.  OAN is now offering “OAN Live” $4.99 subscriptions directly through their website, which they had not offered in the past.  I have not tried this option, because the KlowdTV option worked so easily for me, but some of you may be interested in going that route.  Since I have not tried this path, I am not sure how it integrates with Roku, if you subscribe directly from OAN’s website.  

Best of luck!

11 REPLIES 11
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to bypass OAN issues with Roku app (2022)

@948493 wrote:

...  OAN is now offering “OAN Live” $4.99 subscriptions directly through their website, which they had not offered in the past.  I have not tried this option, because the KlowdTV option worked so easily for me, but some of you may be interested in going that route.  Since I have not tried this path, I am not sure how it integrates with Roku, if you subscribe directly from OAN’s website.   ...

I don't think the OAN app for Roku supports direct subscription at this time. Of course, that could change. My subscription is through Roku Pay and it works well. I've had none of the issue others have had. Of course, that means that while I can offer some general guidance, it's from a point of someone who can't replicate the issue. It works for me, and works well.

However, I strongly concur that a direct subscription is usually a better way to subscribe to any service. Yes, it's one more account to deal with, but for me, the flexibility is worth the trouble.

But, as you pointed out, there are other options, including KlowdTV that you mentioned, which has the advantage of additional content that may be of interest.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@948493 

Have been increasingly using the free KlowdTV package to try out service.  (https://www.klowdtv.com/packages.ktv).

Recently subscribed to their OAN package (7-day free trial) and seems to work just fine, especially for 2.50/month.  (You first month will cost $ 2.10 - pro-rated to reflect 7days free.)

https://www.klowdtv.com/package.ktv?package=freeoanawe

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Streaming Star

Thanks for adding the links!  

Steve32
Streaming Star

@DBDukes The new OAN Live is a direct subscription service.  You sign up on OAN's website:  https://live.oann.com/

And you can watch it on different devices including Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, with a single subscription.

Personally, I have not tried OAN Live, as I went to Klowd TV when the old OAN channel stopped working for me.

0 Kudos
Steve32
Streaming Star

@948493 

I too went to Klowd TV for $2.50/mo when my OAN channel stopped working.  But since OAN Live was announced, I am wondering if the OAN channel on Klowd TV is really the live feed?  I know the OAN Plus is not the live feed.  It's so confusing what is going on with OAN right now.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Steve32 

Same live feed on KlowdTV.  I can view/verify OAN from a couple different sources.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
bowserb
Channel Surfer

OAN Live is a nightmare with -0- support from OAN.  I signed up at OAN, prepaid a year.  Opened the app on my Sony smart TV (android-based), and it presented me with a logon screen for the credentials I got from OAN when I signed up.  Worked perfectly.

On to Roku and FireTV.  Neither work.  Both have as the only option subscribe to OAN.  No skipping directly to login.  I have three Rokus of slightly different eras (can't say models, as that info is not on the device) and two FireTVs--the original FireTV and a FireTV stick.

OAN says on their website no limit on the number of devices, so our six TVs should all work, yet only the one we're least likely to use actually does, thanks to compatibility issues with Roku and FireTV.  I think this is an OAN app problem that they need to fix. Tech support from OAN is nonexistent.  I described my problem in their support form and got back an email with a list of supported services and devices.  No help at all.

In the meantime, I'm trying to get a refund until they get it working.  Since OAN has been dropped by still another cable service, I'm not sure they're going to be around another year, so when I next try, I'll just do monthly to minimize my potential loss!

0 Kudos
Lisaky
Reel Rookie

I have Oan live app on Roku tv works fine til I go to Netflix app and watch a movie the oan app won’t load anymore for awhile. Wonder what cause that?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Lisaky

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos