Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lasloja
Reel Rookie

How to activate HGTV on my ROKU

Jump to solution

Ii am having trouble locating where to enter the activation code that is on my TV. I tried to go to HGTV/ACTIVATE and had no luck. How do I active HGTV on my ROKU?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to activate HGTV on my ROKU

Jump to solution

@lasloja 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are trying to activate the HGTV GO channel, when you go to the channel and sign in, it should request you to activate the device as the channel is free with a paid cable subscription and participating TV providers. It should prompt you to go to: https://watch.hgtv.com/activate on a computer or a mobile device where you will enter the activation code and continue with the activation process.

If you are having further issues activating the HGTV GO channel, we would recommend reaching to the channel provider's support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach HGTV support here.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
34 REPLIES 34
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@lasloja 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are trying to activate the HGTV GO channel, when you go to the channel and sign in, it should request you to activate the device as the channel is free with a paid cable subscription and participating TV providers. It should prompt you to go to: https://watch.hgtv.com/activate on a computer or a mobile device where you will enter the activation code and continue with the activation process.

If you are having further issues activating the HGTV GO channel, we would recommend reaching to the channel provider's support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Re: HGTV activation

Jump to solution

Hi I have  only  roku  and  I want to  sign in and  I can't  

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Nicholeanime93 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please clarify the issue that you are experiencing? What message are you seeing when trying to authenticate the HGTV channel? Can you provide a screenshot?

For more information about that channel's functionality and authentication, you'll want to contact HGTV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach HGTV support here: https://hgtv.custhelp.com/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I can not sign into hgtv and I have tried the link three times now

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jazzman2597 

Thanks for the note.

If you are trying to activate the HGTV GO channel, when you go to the channel and sign in, it should request you to activate the device as the channel is free with a paid cable subscription and participating TV providers. It should prompt you to go to: https://watch.hgtv.com/activate on a computer or a mobile device where you will enter the activation code and continue with the activation process.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sylvie52

Jump to solution

I have HGTV GO.  How can I get HGTV to watch full episodes.

The link for support doesn't help at all.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@sylvie52 

Thanks for the inquiry.

To unlock all the content on the HGTV channel, you will need to activate the channel with your TV or cable provider subscription. If you do not have a TV or cable provider subscription you will not be able to access those episode.

For more information about the HGTV channel we recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly. You can reach them here.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Santillan

Jump to solution

What if I don’t have a cable company and I would like to have this Chanel can’t I pay monthly like I was before it’s not giving me this option 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Santillan 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about the HGTV channel subscription plans available, we recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly.

You can reach them here.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos