Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Myoselle
Reel Rookie

How to access MSNBC using my ROKU

I have an expensive bundled provider service (Xfinity) and am looking to gradually “cut the cord” to save money.

I recently (7/24/23) installed a roku on one of my TVs and it seems to work.  However, one of the news stations I watch is MSNBC and I am not able to find that station.  I currently get MSNBC as part of my provider service.

Any suggestions how I may access MSNBC using my Roku.

19 REPLIES 19
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to access MSNBC using my ROKU

Hi @Myoselle,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for letting us know about your inquiry, and we're happy to help. The MNSBC is available on Roku for streaming. Kindly refer to this link for information on MNSBC: MNSBC

If there's anything we can further assist you with aside from this, please don't hesitate to let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

You  currently have MSNBC because you are paying for it as part of your cable subscription.

MSNBC has not made its programming available as a stand-alone streaming app.   If you are not paying for it as part of a cable/satellite subscription, you can stream it by subscribing to a different paid streaming service that carries it.

To my knowledge these streaming services carry MSNBC:

Sling Blue
Hulu with Live TV
YouTube TV
Fubo
DirecTV Stream
Peacock (NBC and Bravo shows on demand)     

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
denhow
Roku Guru

The NBC News app provides access to both NBC News Now (their streaming news service) and MSNBC (their cable news service). However only NBC News Now is free. MSNBC requires authentication with a cable TV provider. 

0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Peacock for $5.99/month has live streaming of Morning Joe every morning from 5am-9am(CST) but thats all I know about as far as MSNBC w/o cable or satellite(or youtube if somebody happens to be live streaming it but it's hard to find if you don't know how to filter the search results).  Peacock also has past eps or clips from all the MSNBC shows(All In, Last Word, Deadline White House, Reidout)

0 Kudos
denhow
Roku Guru

I should have added this to my earlier comment but I forgot about it!

If you are content to just listen to MSNBC (instead of watching people talk on the TV), the MSNBC live audio stream is available on the free TuneIN app. It's also on SiriusXM, which isn't free but many people already have a subscription for other reasons.

0 Kudos
firstrei11

I can not get Nicole Wallace msnbc news at 4: 00. Please advise

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

@firstrei11 

Are you using one or more of the methods listed above to watch it?  (Or if not, how are you trying to watch?)  Are you getting an error message?

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
lucyr

How does one authenticate with cable TV provider?

0 Kudos
denhow
Roku Guru

@lucyr  To authenticate on the NBC News app, use your up arrow and right arrow keys to highlight the little 'person' icon on the right side of the top menu bar (next to the search icon) and then press OK. [Hit the back arrow on your remote to show the menu bar if it's not currently visible on screen]. Then select 'TV PROVIDER' and follow the instructions.

0 Kudos