Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anumber1
Channel Surfer

How to Stop Netflix and Disney from auto loading

Is there a way to stop certain anti American channels like Netflix and Disney from auto loading.  I remove them and they keep coming back after removing them.  I do not want any one in my family having access to these evil companies and the strange content and ideas that they have.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to Stop Netflix and Disney from auto loading

I've seen Roku add unselected channels when a device is first linked to a user account, but I've never seen one loaded after that unless the user requested it. If your remote has buttons for Netflix and Disney, then pressing those buttons will bring up the option to install those channels. You can add a PIN to require its use for installing channels, so a channel can't be installed without knowing and entering the PIN. There is no way to remove those preprogrammed buttons on the remote, so pressing one will still bring up the offer to install the channel. But if someone doesn't know the PIN it won't be installed. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.