Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get all of the ESPN channels back on Roku?

How do I restore access to the ESPN channels on my Roku streaming service?

I am assuming that I have to now pay for a subscription access to ESPN, ESPN2. What's the solution here?

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: How do you get all of the ESPN channels back on Roku?

How did you lose them?  Are you a Youtube TV user who lost them due to the YouTube TV/Disney dispute?

0 Kudos

@Strega wrote:

How did you lose them?  Are you a Youtube TV user who lost them due to the YouTube TV/Disney dispute?

YES, I am assuming I am a casualty of the dispute 

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

You could take a look at  https://www.suppose.tv

It suggests Sling Orange as the most cost-effect method of getting the ESPNs.

ESPN+ Support - I cannot get connected since I do not have a tv provider

I got kicked off the Disney Channels due to the the dispute with YouTube TV - My only real interest is ESPN and ESPN Plus.

I ordered ESPN Plus via my ROKU.   That seemed to work fine.  When I check my ESPN account on my computer it shows that I am subscribing to ESPN Plus.

The BIG problem is that when I try to get ESPN on my ROKU I keep getting hung up when I need to specify a TV provider.  Since I do not have a TV provider (only YouTube TV).    How do I solve this problem!

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: ESPN+ Support - I cannot get connected since I do not have a tv provider

As I understand it, the ESPN app is complicated.  To see ESPN content on it, you need a TV provider subscription.  However, the same app also gives you access to ESPN+ content - which is different than ESPN content.  So, there should be SOME stuff on the app you can see with your ESPN+ subscription, but if you're trying to watch a game being broadcast on ESPN, I don't think ESPN+ will likely cover that.

For actual ESPN, you could might look at this site:  https://www.suppose.tv

It shows the cheapest stand-alone package with ESPN is Sling Orange.  However you may want to play with other options to possibly replace YouTube TV with something else.

0 Kudos
Whyn
Reel Rookie

I have purchased ESPN and all I get is the ESPN/activate code and when I put it in nothing happens 

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Did you purchase espn+?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Whyn,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about how we can help. For clarification, are you trying to access ESPN+ subscription? ESPN+ is within the ESPN Channel, but does not give you access to ESPN subscription content. In addition, ESPN requires a cable or satellite subscription and you will need to sign in with a TV provider. I would also recommend to check the post of @Strega above for additional information.

Please keep us posted if you need further assistance or clarification.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Whyn
Reel Rookie

I purchased ESPN 99.99 a year.  I get one game and then if I go to another game I get the activate screen code

0 Kudos