Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oceanbreezes
Channel Surfer

How do I log out of Prime Video App?

Jump to solution

Help!

when I logged into prime I used the QR code and somehow logged into a friends account on my TV. How can I log out? All the posts talk about hitting settings on a “d pad” and I have no such thing. I truly don’t want to watch videos on someone else’s account. 

I open the app, when I hit the * button for settings it does nothing. 

thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oceanbreezes
Channel Surfer

Re: How do I log out of Prime Video App?

Jump to solution

Ah, figured it out! You have to select a profile first! Because I did not want to pry I did not open any profiles and thought you could log out from the main screen but you indeed have to be inside a profile to get to settings and log out. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You see that little gear icon at the top right in the Prime Video app? When you see that, it means "settings" in any app that utilizes it.

Go to Settings.

Scroll down to Sign out.

Sign out.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Oceanbreezes
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ah, figured it out! You have to select a profile first! Because I did not want to pry I did not open any profiles and thought you could log out from the main screen but you indeed have to be inside a profile to get to settings and log out. Thanks!

0 Kudos