Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wil8
Reel Rookie

How do I add the COX cable app to my Roku TV? I now have COX cable & internet and cannot locate app

Jump to solution

Where do I find the COX app? I now have COX cable & internet and would to watch live shows on my Roku TV but I am not able to locate the COX app to log in. Please provide instructions.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: How do I add the COX cable app to my Roku TV? I now have COX cable & internet and cannot lo

Jump to solution

I do not see a match for Cox in the channel store.  If someone at Cox told you there was an app, you may need to ask them for the URL.  I tried searching for roku at cox.com but couldn’t find that either.  It appears Cox has their own streaming gizmo called “Contour Stream Player”.  They probably want you to use that instead.

Banned but back. Because why not?

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: How do I add the COX cable app to my Roku TV? I now have COX cable & internet and cannot lo

Jump to solution

I do not see a match for Cox in the channel store.  If someone at Cox told you there was an app, you may need to ask them for the URL.  I tried searching for roku at cox.com but couldn’t find that either.  It appears Cox has their own streaming gizmo called “Contour Stream Player”.  They probably want you to use that instead.

wil8
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for the quick response, will try Contour.

0 Kudos
dikasaurus

Jump to solution

My cable is messed up and I'm trying to watch football on my rook stick with my cox account on cox cable,,, no success

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @dikasaurus,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you provide us with more details about your concern? Are you trying to watch Cox on the standalone or through The Roku Channel? Have you successfully added the app to your Roku device? In addition, what troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

With more details, we will be able to best assist you.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ohyah
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Please roku, quit acting dumb. Simple question.........how do we stream using our paid for, high dollar cox account to our non-wired roku tv.  It's just like on a tablet using the cox app?  I love watching golf in my garage and don't have a cable outlet. Very simple question. 

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I continue to see nothing labeled Cox in the Roku channel store, though many matches come up for Golf.  I searched the Cox site and found a Cox app for IOS and Android, but I see no mention of one for Roku. They also mention being able to watch directly in a browser, so maybe using a laptop would be a good garage solution. Even really old laptops can stream video.  You could also try casting.

You could also ask Cox how to use their high dollar service.  Presumably you can get a question answered for those high dollars.

Ohyah
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

To those with the same  question, I have an answer. Go to apps, find your channel or network, add to your list. Open the app, arrow up to open channel lineup, and find the channel you want to watch. Pain in the @#$ but that's how you get all your cox channels. 

Just add a channel in the network if you can't find ythe one you want (nbc has golf net work, usa , local news, cnbc, etc).  I'm not a tech savvy guy but did figure it out!!!!

I also get discover channel through discovery go. Play around with it and you will get it. 

Anyway, was an Xmas gift from my wife who saw me complaining about watching TV on my small tablet. What a great present!!! And didn't have to pay to run a cable or extra cable box. 

Just think of it as the app is a network and inside the app are all the channels they offer. I know, I dumbed it down. Sorry to the smart ones out there. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have the same issue, but We primarily want to access Cox's DVR recording feature. That's where Roku comes in. Can you get to the DVR Recordings using your method?

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @gdoliver2023,

Greetings from the Roku community!

We value your inquiry and interest in learning more about accessing the DVR feature on your Roku device, and we will do what we can to bring you the information you need.

Your Roku streaming player provides you with access to stream movies and TV shows over the internet but does not have built-in storage for downloading or recording directly to the device. However, you can schedule and store recordings in a content provider’s online storage center if their streaming channel offers a cloud DVR feature. For more details, you can check out this support article on how to record movies and TV shows using a cloud DVR.

Some channels that offer this feature with a paid subscription include Sling TV, Hulu with Live TV, YouTube TV, FuboTV, Premiere, and Philo. You can inquire with the channel provider for more details.

Please let us know if you have further queries, and we'll be glad to assist you.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos