Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M-F1974

How do I add a non certified channel I downloaded the channel but it’s not working? Please help.

Jump to solution

I need assistance in downloading a non certified channel I am unable to figure out why it is an offered site with roku advertised on the site I followed the prompted and it didn’t open the channel. What do I do???

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
remaker
Roku Guru

Re: How do I add a non certified channel I downloaded the channel but it’s not working? Please help.

Jump to solution

See: https://support.roku.com/article/208756738

How do I add a non-certified channel?

To download and install a non-certified channel:

1. Go to my.roku.com on your computer or smartphone.
  2. If prompted, sign in to your Roku account.
  3. Under Manage account select Add channel with a code.
  4. Enter the channel access code received from the channel provider and select Add Channel.
  5. Acknowledge the warning message that appears

The channel will not immediately appear in the list of channels on your Roku streaming player or Roku TV™. Your Roku device checks every 24 to 36 hours for any new channels you have added from the website and automatically installs them. If you would like to download the channel immediately, go to your Roku device and select Settings > System > System update > Check now.

Once downloaded, new channels are added to the list of channels under Home on the main screen of your Roku device. Scroll down and you will see your new channel at the bottom the list. If you want to move it, learn how to move channels on your Roku streaming device.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
remaker
Roku Guru

Re: How do I add a non certified channel I downloaded the channel but it’s not working? Please help.

Jump to solution

See: https://support.roku.com/article/208756738

How do I add a non-certified channel?

To download and install a non-certified channel:

1. Go to my.roku.com on your computer or smartphone.
  2. If prompted, sign in to your Roku account.
  3. Under Manage account select Add channel with a code.
  4. Enter the channel access code received from the channel provider and select Add Channel.
  5. Acknowledge the warning message that appears

The channel will not immediately appear in the list of channels on your Roku streaming player or Roku TV™. Your Roku device checks every 24 to 36 hours for any new channels you have added from the website and automatically installs them. If you would like to download the channel immediately, go to your Roku device and select Settings > System > System update > Check now.

Once downloaded, new channels are added to the list of channels under Home on the main screen of your Roku device. Scroll down and you will see your new channel at the bottom the list. If you want to move it, learn how to move channels on your Roku streaming device.

EvaPatte
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This did not work for me. I have been trying for 2 days to add my church's private channel. We've had it for a long time and I've used it for a long time but removed it the day before yesterday because I wanted to rearrange the channels on my home screen and I thought I had to take everything off and put them all back in the order I wanted them (because I didn't find out until just now that I could move them manually).

I went to my.roku.com/account, signed in, went to Add Channel With A Code, entered the code "COGWA", clicked OK to accept the risk of it being a non-certified channel and said Add Channel, then Yes, Add Channel. I've gone through the whole process over 1/2 dozen times in 2 days and the channel isn't showing up on the home screen. And a couple of times, on my computer, I got an error 404 saying that the URL couldn't be found. What URL??? I know I was on the right site because I was able to sign in with no problem every time. Where is my channel? I've been able to add all my other channels without a problem; this is the only one that's non-certified. It worked fine before, though, so I don't understand what the problem is not. I can't believe it was removed for content...it's a CHURCH!!! Sermons and recorded church services mostly and some Bible study courses. Please help!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@EvaPatte

Thanks for the post.

Channels such as this are non-certified and are not supported by Roku as they do not go through the channel certification process, and do not appear in our channel store.  

If you need assistance with a private channel, you will need to reach out to the channel publisher directly for more information and assistance. 

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
remaker
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Roku is discontinuing and removing non-certified channels as of February 23, 2022. Your church may have removed the channel ahead of that deadline.

https://blog.roku.com/developer/beta-channels

Check with your church to see what they are doing next. Perhaps they will move to the beta channel every 120 days or make the channel a public channel. You will need to ask them.

0 Kudos
EvaPatte
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My church made their Roku channel...COGWA...public so anyone can watch it. Now my problem is this: There was a fire in my apartment building and until renovation is complete my insurance company is paying for me to stay in a hotel. The hotel has satellite tv and I can't watch my church's channel. I can use my laptop to watch the Roku Channel but when I search for the COGWA channel, the message on screen says it's already installed (which it is...on my television, which was left in my apartment). Is there a way I can watch my church's Roku channel on my computer while here at the hotel? The hotel has satellite tv (yuck!) and the only thing I can think of is that I'd have to have a Roku streaming stick and set it up on the tv here in my hotel room. Is that possible? I've been in this hotel for 2 months now and I'd really like to keep up with the sermons, Bible studies, etc., on the COGWA channel. Can you help? Is this possible?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You can't watch any Roku channels/apps on a computer other than The Roku Channel which isn't a substitute for a Roku device.  Assuming you can plug the stick into the TV and the hotel has Wi-Fi then you should be good.  Getting the stick to connect to hotel Wi-Fi can sometimes be a problem.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
EvaPatte
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for your speedy reply. I had that idea in mind but wanted to check just to make sure. I don't have a Roku streaming stick here at the hotel but figure if I buy a new one (I'll need to, because the old one was in the fire in my apartment building), I can hook it up to the tv in my room. The wi-fi here is pretty good and I know the SSID and password to log into it, so I should be able to set up Roku here. When I finally get moved back to my apartment building, I can set up a new network connection there. I'll have a private network there so setting up should be easy. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos