Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bismarck318
Roku Guru

Horror Hotel App not starting

Jump to solution

Horror Hotel App not starting, goes back to home screen after loading screen.  Deleted? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Horror Hotel App not starting

Jump to solution

@Bismarck318

Thanks for following up. 

It looks like you are correct, the channel is no longer available on the Roku Channel store and cannot be located in the channel search. 

If you want more information about a removed channel, please see our support page here: Why is a channel no longer available on my Roku® streaming device?

We apologize for any inconvenience this caused. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Regards, 
Nimfa

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Bismarck318

Thank you for the post

Does the issue only occur on Horror Hotel App or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel Horror Hotel App and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Bismarck318
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuLianna  (not to be confused with Lamia the host of Horror Hotel I assume)

No, so far I think this is the only "app" currently doing this, I believe it's still active thought reason why I ask. 

OK, so delete & reinstall then. 

I have seen a few others in the past, I know Ultra Toxic TV never starts (try again later), after a while I just deleted these, I assume they are gone.   

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi  @Bismarck318

Thank you for the post.

To ensure the process of removing and re-adding the Horror Hotel App is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. from the Settings menu by navigating to  Settings > System > System restart > Restart. However, if it still has no dice and the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to Horror Hotel App directly to share your feedback.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Bismarck318
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuLianna  Found out the Horror Hotel channel is apparently "removed", & no longer appears in searches. 

On occasion I do come up with a message to try again later on a certain channel with a channel error message (ie:  91-0087c5b7) that the channel is temporarily unavailable & may be caused by slow internet connections..  More times than not I end up deleting these channels.

Any way to find out if the channel is actually deleted, so they can be just removed? 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Bismarck318

Thanks for following up. 

It looks like you are correct, the channel is no longer available on the Roku Channel store and cannot be located in the channel search. 

If you want more information about a removed channel, please see our support page here: Why is a channel no longer available on my Roku® streaming device?

We apologize for any inconvenience this caused. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Bismarck318
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Maybe I'll have to reach out to the Hostess of Horror Hotel, Lamia, Queen of the Dark.  I haven't seen her on much since my market dropped Retro TV.   Thank you! 

0 Kudos