Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScionCylon
Reel Rookie

Re: History channel won't load

Yes I did all if the steps.  What is odd is that I have three of the same roku models it will load on one of them but not the other two.  They all have the latest updates.

Michelle3
Roku Guru

@ScionCylon  if all the other apps work on your Roku devices, then I would suppose it’s only an issue with the History channel.  If not, it could be an issue with your router/modem.  That said, it is up to A&E Networks LLC, which owns the network subsidiary itself, to fix the issue. Or you could contact A&E Support here.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
KYFarmer
Channel Surfer

Yes, that's the process I used. Uninstalled app, restarted from System Menu, reinstall app onto Roku main menu. The tried starting app. Same failure.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@KYFarmer  what model Roku device do you own? Certain Roku device models released after the mid/late 2010s have a power sub-setting, others do not. I own the Express+ 3910 from 2017/2018, and it does not have a power sub-setting.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
KYFarmer
Channel Surfer

I have the 3920X Roku Premier

0 Kudos
ScionCylon
Reel Rookie

Thank you

0 Kudos
KYFarmer
Channel Surfer

After weeks of no access, suddenly, magically is starting loading properly. Since we did not get to the root cause, I'm sure the problem will return.

0 Kudos
ScionCylon
Reel Rookie

I have lost it before as well only to have it return.  Something ain't right somewhere.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@ScionCylon @KYFarmer

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. 

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. 

You can reach them here: HISTORY | Contact Us

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
mcee

Did all the troubleshooting  and still won't work.

0 Kudos