Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbl-j
Reel Rookie

Re: History channel not working

I had this problem starting on 05/11.  No amount of rebooting or reinstalling the History channel has resolved it.

The issue is being seen on our Roku Stick model 3600X.

The History channel is working on our Roku Box model 4230X.

0 Kudos
Dawgdays
Channel Surfer

Experienced the very same thing last night on the Roku Ultra 4670X.  Haven't checked this morning.

0 Kudos
Dawgdays
Channel Surfer

Ok......just checked......STILL not working.  You select the H/C ...it switches like it's going to pull it up, then just circles back around to the Roku home menue.

0 Kudos
rmandle
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem.  History not working.  I have reset many times.  

0 Kudos
Wineaux
Reel Rookie

I have followed all of your steps.  The History Channel crashes to the Home Screen when attempting to load.  This is occurring on both a Roku Ultra and a Roku 3.

There is a either a problem with the app, or a bug was introduced with the latest firmware.

What I’m not seeing is either communication from Roku or A&E/History Channel about the problem.  When you don’t communicate with your customers, you start to lose them.  Even if Roku isn’t the problem, the least they can do is state they know there is an issue, and are working with the channel provider to fix the problem.

OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Don't expect Roku to do something on your behalf. You need to contact the channel provider if you want help. 

HISTORY channel support

0 Kudos
Dawgdays
Channel Surfer

Got a reply from "History Channel".....................

A+E Networks Support (HISTORY)

May 14, 2022, 4:27 PM EDT

Hello,

We are currently experiencing intermittent service issues on the HISTORY Roku app. The app is still running as expected on other devices.

Our engineers are aware of the issue and are working on it. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Thank you,

HISTORY Support

hoggers_1
Reel Rookie

Same issue with History with Roku ultra 

0 Kudos
Fyddleman
Reel Rookie

Has not been working for me for over a week on Roku app (same issue as everyone else). When is this going to be resolved? It’s unacceptable for this type of service down time for paying customers who expect 24/7 availability. Furthermore, I also have an issue with the History app on my iPhone (not. a Roku issue, but just wanted to include for completeness). History app was working on iPhone, but now starts a program, like pawn stars, and then stops playing immediately. I have tried all the trouble shooting steps available for both Roku and iPhone apps. So History channel is not working in either app. 

OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

You need to contact the History channel provider if you are a paying customer. HISTORY