Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bo87
Reel Rookie

History channel not working

History channel not working on roku stick...I've Uninstalled and reinstalled channel didn't work. Updated it still not working. Brand new remote did work. Last but not least updated and rest roku stick. I'm out of ideas

0 Kudos
47 REPLIES 47
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: History channel not working

Explain what you mean by “not working”? You launch the History channel and what happens? What does a remote have to do with this? Which Roku model do you have? Do other channel launch like Netflix, Hulu or HBO Max?

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Bo87 wrote:

....I've Uninstalled and reinstalled channel didn't work. ...

Please note that the proper steps for this are:

1. Remove the app.
  2. Reboot the Roku.
    Roku: Settings > System > System Restart 
    Roku TV: Settings > System > Power > System Restart
  3. Reinstall the app.

All three steps, in that order.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Same for me = I click to launch the History Channel app and it just reboots to my home Roku screen.  The app never successfully launches. 

ktr1

I have done all of above and still not working. Now what?

Bo87
Reel Rookie

I click on the the app it acts like its loading then goes back to the home screen

Streamer317
Roku Guru

@Bo87    I just added the History channel and it loads and plays. Which Roku model do you own?

Please note that the proper steps for this are:

1. Remove the app.
  2. Reboot the Roku.
    Roku: Settings > System > System Restart 
    Roku TV: Settings > System > Power > System Restart
  3. Reinstall the app.

All three steps, in that order.

blueskies_150
Channel Surfer

Ditto for me.  The History Channel fails to launch/load/start on all three (3) of the Roku devices in my home.  It starts to load... and then just returns to the home menu.  The History Channel will not start.  I have left feedback every time, but that is probably just a waste of time.

I have tried removing the History channel, restarting the Roku and then re-installing the History Channel, but no change.

Tags (4)
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@blueskies_150  Roku doesn’t make the History channel. It’s Developed by A&E Networks. I loaded it up on my Roku TV and it works just fine. Reach out to A&E and see when they will be releasing an update for the Roku channel 

harryroush

I have the same issue and did exactly what you say and I click to launch the History Channel app and it just reboots to my home Roku screen.  The app never successfully launches.

I even rebooted my router and still the same result.

Did a factory reset on my Roku TV and still the same result.

I can access the History channel via app on my ipad and my PC with no issues so this is definately a Roku issue.