Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fishermanguy
Level 7

Hiding streaming choices on certain TV's

I have a streaming channel that I want to view on one TV only and I don't want it showing up on the Roku home screen on my other TV's.  Any advice?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hiding streaming choices on certain TV's

@fishermanguy 

The only way to have individual control over individual Roku devices is to have individual accounts.

If all the Roku devices are linked to same account (same email address), then it is a shared/linked account.

To create a seperate account, you will need to factory reset the device, deactivate just the specific device from your other account, and then set it up under a new email address.  The new email address creates a new un-linked account.

The only negative impact of an unlinked account I believe is it affects any shared subscription you may have purchased through Roku Channel.  Subscriptions through the Channel providers themselves should not be affected. 

Currently no way to simply "Hide" an installed channel other than removing the Channel after use.  Only current support for "Hiding" channels is on some Roku devices with OS10 for hiding Roku Channel LiveTV channels from within the guide.  But nothing yet for the Channel/app "tiles" on the home screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941