Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mshadow55

Re: Roku screensaver stopped working

Jump to solution

System restart does not resolve the issue - this is a Roku issue - we have 4 Roku TV's and have lost Photostreams on all 4.  When I go to my account I can see all 14 photostreams that have been set up and when the TV goes into screensaver mode - the photos do start showing -  it is only when you desire to open the app and select a photostream to view that presents the problem. 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate everyone letting us know about this issue with Roku Photo Streams crashing. We appreciate you letting us know about this issue with

We believe this issue has been resolved. We would recommend checking for a channel update by going to the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * and checking for a channel update. 

One additional suggestion we would like for you to try restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step)and see if you notice any difference.

If the issue still persists, can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • photo or video illustrating the issue so we can better understand what is occurring

Thanks again for posting and we hope the suggestions above get everything sorted out!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JeffB01

Jump to solution

I have the same problem, multiple Rokus, app crashes, tried restarting, etc

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JeffB01,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the Roku Photo Streams issue along with the troubleshooting steps you've done.

If the issue persists, can you please provide the necessary details I requested from above your post?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jazzmatazz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This worked for me this time - thank you! Hopefully it keeps up 🙂

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jazzmatazz,

Thanks for the update.

We're glad to know that the steps provided, resolve the issue for you!

Thanks for choosing Roku! Please let us know if there are other related issues that we can further take a look at.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
qwiktune
Channel Surfer

Photo Steam Channel Not Loading

Jump to solution

I have a TCL TV, everything is up to date but when I try to preview, use or try to access the photo streams channel, it will show the Photo Stream channel boot up splash art for a second then crash. No matter what I do. I tried removing and reinstalling it, restarting the TV....etc but issue persists.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Photo Steam Channel Not Loading

Jump to solution

Hey @qwiktune

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

As previously mentioned by @RokuMary-F above, we believe that this issue should be resolved by updating the channel. To do this, hover over the Photo Streams channel from your home screen > press the star * button > Check for channel updates.

We also recommend you restart your device from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Luckydog
Reel Rookie

Re: Photo Streams broken on app and tv's

Jump to solution

As literally everyone who has tried your “fix” has said, this is not a permanent fix in anyway. You’re a web developer, a.k.a. app, channel designer for Roku photo streams has failed miserably.
They need to rebuild that code line by line because it simply doesn’t work. Your other option is to go back in time to where you first started getting complaints and see what other updates in bed added either to the Roku software itself or things like your animated wallpapers, which I find contribute to the problem.

Luckydog
Reel Rookie

Re: Help - Roku Photo Streams Not Working - Crashes Immediately

Jump to solution

I taught engineering for 32 years, and one thing is for sure, you don’t call anything a “fix“ if you have to keep repeating it every time you use something another time.
The best we were call this is a weak  “work around” but we applaud you for the effort… Which is more than any of us can save for a Roku, which has been a complete failure.

We all like the concept of photo streams, but until this app is properly fixed, it should be completely pulled off the Roku website. For you younger users, this is becoming the Roku version of the “Ford Pinto” from the 1970s… Google it! Aka “the barbeque on wheels” to some of us age 57 or older 🤣.