Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Help - Roku Photo Streams Not Working - Crashes Immediately

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for sharing your observations and providing information.

We are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, please help us with the required details below so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • photo or video illustrating the issue so we can better understand what is occurring

Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Photo stream needs fix, it wont start

Jump to solution

Hi @jm000bluesky,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for providing the information needed. We'll go ahead and send this over to the team for further investigation. We'll get back to you once we have an update.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and we ask that you bear with us as we manage this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lerpinator
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mary,

Here is the info for my Roku Streaming Stick that the photo stream is not working:

Device model: 3810x -Roku Streaming Stick +

Serial Number: YH005S164636

Software OS: 11.5.0•Build 4311-50

Device ID: 213135164636

As reported previously the same problem (also reported previously) occurred on my 58” Hisense Roku TV.  Seems the photo stream on it has reset and is working on that TV. Photo stream also works on my other 2 TV’s. The problem only occurred on the TV’s I paired a voice remote pro to.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Lerpinator,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the necessary details.

We're sorry if the Roku Photo Streams have caused any inconvenience. Rest assured that I have sent all your information and concerns to our Roku team. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We prioritize resolving this as soon as possible and ask that you bear with us as we manage this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lerpinator
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku screensaver stopped working

Jump to solution

Not helpful. Steps you suggested have already been suggested and did mot work.

thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
nojima

Roku Photo Streams failing to launch

Jump to solution

Hi y'all! First time poster, long time user. I recently got an actual Roku TV and I wanted to use the new Photo Stream feature. I was able to upload the photos to Roku's website on my phone (art pieces to fake the high end "art TV" iykyk) but when I try to launch the Photo Stream app it pauses for a moment and then completely crashes. I've tried to look for updates but as I've gotten this TV less than a week ago it says it's up to date. I've already tried deleting and reacquiring it, but it's not working. I've never seen a Roku app just crash like that. Not sure what to try besides a factory reset :/. Any tips or tricks or at least another person having a similar issue? Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku screensaver stopped working

Jump to solution

Thanks for all of the help troubleshooting. We believe restarting your Roku device from the system menu should solve the issue.

To restart your Roku device, using your Roku remote, navigate to home screen and choose Settings > System > Power > System restart.

You must restart via the system menu for this fix to work.

Let us know if this solves the issue for you!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Photo Streams failing to launch

Jump to solution

Hi @nojima

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the issue you are experiencing with Photo Stream. We have determined that restarting your Roku device through the system menu is the recommended solution. We suggest that you use your Roku remote to go to the home screen and select Settings > System > Power > System restart to perform the restart.

Please note that it is crucial to restarting your Roku device through the system menu for this fix to be effective. We would appreciate it if you could inform us if this solution has resolved the issue for you.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation in this matter.

Regards,
Nimfa

Bob64
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you! This worked for us perfectly. After bringing the system back up we then removed Photo Stream turned off the system waited 30 seconds and then downloaded Photo Stream again. Finally, putting the flash card back into the Roku device. It’s really nice to get some actual help with this ongoing problem of so many users. 

Bob64
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

In addition to my last post..the Flash card has been corrupted and photo stream will not work with the card in the Roku unit. If you have one, remove the flash card and re d/l  Photo Stream. 

0 Kudos