Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlbtjb
Reel Rookie

Help - Roku Photo Streams Not Working - Crashes Immediately

Jump to solution

I have the Roku Ultra, and for the last several days, Roku Photo Streams has not been working. When you select the app from the home screen, Roku Photo Streams starts to open and then immediately closes. I am also using Roku Photo Streams as my screensaver. When it is time for the screensaver to come on, you can see Roku Photo Streams start to open, and then it immediately closes. The Roku says that the software is up to date, and I have also tried deleting Roku Photo Streams and then reinstalling it. I have also checked my network connection, and it is working properly. Roku Photo Streams was working just fine until a few days ago, so I am not sure what to try now to get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku screensaver stopped working

Jump to solution

Thanks for all of the help troubleshooting. We believe restarting your Roku device from the system menu should solve the issue.

To restart your Roku device, using your Roku remote, navigate to home screen and choose Settings > System > Power > System restart.

You must restart via the system menu for this fix to work.

Let us know if this solves the issue for you!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate everyone letting us know about this issue with Roku Photo Streams crashing. We appreciate you letting us know about this issue with

We believe this issue has been resolved. We would recommend checking for a channel update by going to the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * and checking for a channel update. 

One additional suggestion we would like for you to try restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step)and see if you notice any difference.

If the issue still persists, can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • photo or video illustrating the issue so we can better understand what is occurring

Thanks again for posting and we hope the suggestions above get everything sorted out!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
97 REPLIES 97
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Help - Roku Photo Streams Not Working - Crashes Immediately

Jump to solution

Hi @jlbtjb,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing with using the Photo Streams.

If the behavior continues while using Photo Streams, we recommend reviewing the suggestions for determining How to use Photo Streams on your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

If the steps provided by the Support page still aren't helping, please reply back and we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lerpinator
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I just purchased and paired a voice remote pro. And my photo stream (set as my screensaver) will not initiate. Some problem as described above. I ‘unpaired’ selected forget remote and restarted my Roku stick. Did not fix the problem. I paired the new remote to my Roku tv - same problem.

0 Kudos
Snit54
Reel Rookie

Roku screensaver stopped working

Jump to solution

I’ve used this channel for about two months  with pics I added from my phone and it’s suddenly just stopped working 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Snit54

Welcome to the Roku Channel. 

Hope you are doing well. We're here to help you with setting up your screensaver. To clarify, you have used Photo Streams to upload photos and set it as your screensaver? 

Could you try again to upload another picture using Photo Streams and set it as the screensaver to see if there's any difference? For reference, detailed instructions, learn how easy it is to use Photo Streams.

Let us know how it goes and any additional information you may have so we look into this further. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Lerpinator

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that photo streams is not working and we will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

We recommend performing the below steps and see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Press the Home button on Roku remote on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Theme to open the Theme menu
  4. Select Screensavers
  5. Select Photo Streams
  6. Select Set as Screensaver to set Photo Streams as the screensaver

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jakeobryan3
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuMary-F 

This is also happening to me. The PhotoStreams app is already set as the screensaver. When the app is manually started, the PhotoStreams splash screen appears, then seemingly crashes, taking you back to the Home screen.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jakeobryan3,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about this issue with Photo Streams. We would like to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

Can you tell me more about how your Photo Streams issue started?

To isolate the issue, have you ensured the Roku device is updated to the latest OS versions? You can check for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jakeobryan3
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Our televisions are set up to turn on at a certain time, then turn off. The Rokus are receiving power from USB ports on the televisions, so they power on when the televisions power on. The screensaver is set to Photostreams and kicks in after 1 minute of inactivity. 

This morning, I noticed one of the screens was at the Roku Home screen. I tried to manually start PhotoStreams, but it would only show the splash screen, then back to the Roku home screen.

I went to another television that is programmed the same way, and it is doing the same thing. This began happening this morning when the televisions powered on at 7am.

0 Kudos
Jakeobryan3
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F 

I have confirmed all software is up to date.

0 Kudos