Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cj4331
Reel Rookie

Heartland will not play on the roku channel instead it tries to start dove channel

Jump to solution

This morning I went to watch the next episode of Heartland.  From the home screen, I selected "what to watch" then "continue watching" then in the bottom left "roku channel watch S8 E7" and it comes up asking me to start a free trial with "Dove channel".  WTF?  20240111_073824.jpg20240111_073840.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Heartland will not play on the roku channel instead it tries to start dove channel

Jump to solution

@cj4331 

Just as a reminder or heads-up, free content on the Roku Channel (and other free channels/apps) comes and goes.  Generally licensed for period of time.  However, currently, it seems that Roku Channel is still offering Heartland, but just having an issue. (won't play any episodes/seasons, returns to the available channel/app screen).

Heartland is still playing Seasons 1-16 on some of the other free channels/apps like Pluto, Filmrise, Plex, and Tubi.  These free alternatives are playing Heartland fine.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Heartland will not play on the roku channel instead it tries to start dove channel

Jump to solution

@cj4331 

Just as a reminder or heads-up, free content on the Roku Channel (and other free channels/apps) comes and goes.  Generally licensed for period of time.  However, currently, it seems that Roku Channel is still offering Heartland, but just having an issue. (won't play any episodes/seasons, returns to the available channel/app screen).

Heartland is still playing Seasons 1-16 on some of the other free channels/apps like Pluto, Filmrise, Plex, and Tubi.  These free alternatives are playing Heartland fine.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

cj4331
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks AvsGunnar.  I'm watching it on Tubi now.