Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sivatanuj
Reel Rookie

Having difficulty to add a channel to my account

Hi there, I am using Roku Express 4k. When I try to add "Amazon prime, Hotstar" or any other paid apps, I cannot click "Add channel" button. Can anyone help me with this please. 

Thankyou in advance.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Having difficulty to add a channel to my account

@Sivatanuj 

How are you trying to add the apps? Are you searching for them (or browsing for them) on your Roku device? Or are you using the Channel Store Website?

Also, are you in one of the 17 countries that Roku supports?

• United States
  • Canada
  • France
  • United Kingdom
  • Germany
  • Argentina
  • Brazil
  • Chile
  • Colombia
  • Costa Rica
  • El Salvador
  • Guatemala
  • Honduras
  • Mexico
  • Nicaragua
  • Panama
  • Peru

If you're outside one of those countries, then the app developer may choose to not support their app on Roku. Roku isn't sold through official channels outside those countries, and is itself not supported outside those countries. Many app developers, including Amazon, choose to not support their app in a place where the platform isn't supported. They may support an app on other platforms, but if Roku isn't supported, the developer often chooses to not support their app there.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Sivatanuj
Reel Rookie

Spoiler

First of all, Is there an option to search the channels? because I cannot find it. So, I am using channel store.

Will it track my location based on the internet IP address?. I am in India and disney+ hotstar is available in india. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Sivatanuj 

Roku search is only available in a few regions, and not even in all of the supported regions.

As you are outside a supported region, there is no expectation that any feature will work. Some app developers do support apps outside of Roku supported regions, but most do not.

It does not matter if the service is otherwise available. Disney+ being available on one platform (Web browser, for instance) does NOT mean it will be available on any other platform. If Disney chose to support their Roku app there, then it would work. If they choose to not support their Roku app there, it won't work. But it's Disney's call on that.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos