Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joegivens
Level 8

Having To Pay Again For Shows Already Purchased

I purchase a season of Intervention through the Prime Video channel. This has happened twice now. The first time Amazon gave us a refund for season 23. We repurchased it and were able to watch a few episodes and last night we tried to watch episode 5 and said we had to buy it. We have two different Roku devices and both are saying we have to buy the season or episode when we have already bought it. I have ran a software update on both Roku devices, deregistered and reregistered both Roku devices at Amazon, uninstalled and reinstalled the Prime Video channel, and nothing has changed. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Having To Pay Again For Shows Already Purchased

One thing to point out, when you uninstall and reinstall a channel make sure you're restarting the Roku device before you reinstall.  Just unplug the power for a few seconds and plug it back in and you should see the startup animation.

Do these purchases show up on your Roku account at https://my.roku.com/account/purchases ?

How about in your order history on Amazon's website?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Joegivens
Level 8

I did all that while on chat with a Roku support rep last night. They do not show up on my Roku purchases but do on my Amazon account.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

In that case your beef is with Amazon.  You made the purchase directly with them and they created the channel/app - it's all on them.  Try the remove/restart/add procedure again.  If it doesn't help, you need to press Amazon harder.  Roku can't help you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos