Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Minfischer
Reel Rookie

Happy valley on acorn season 3

Why can I only watch the first 2 episodes of season 3? 

10 REPLIES 10
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Happy valley on acorn season 3

I suspect it is being released one episode per week.  I currently have 3 episodes available.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
denhow
Roku Guru

Season 3 is currently running on BBC America on Monday nights. So far they have shown three episodes. It looks like the Acorn release dates are coordinated with BBC America's schedule.

(Edited because by mistake I first wrote AMC instead of BBC America.)

0 Kudos
Stvhooker3
Binge Watcher

Season 3, episode 3 of Happy Valley is available on AMC+ and Acorn, but it's not available on Acorn added to The Roku channel. Episodes 1 and 2 are available on acorn via Roku channel, and episode 3 should have appeared there yesterday. If you've signed up that way, and you try to watch it, you go to an AMC sign up page, since they are offering it. It's a big-time screwup. 

Justplants

Re: Happy Valley season 3, episode 3

This is frustrating! Any word on whether it will be available to Roku users?

Truman29

I am ticked out and feel that there has been a bait and switch.

Minfischer
Reel Rookie

I canceled my subscription through the roku channel and added the regular acorn so I can watch it, but now it says I already have a subscription and to sign in through roku. So annoyed.  Roku should not offer a platform they can't support 

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

On all systems you prepay for your premium subscriptions, which then automatically renew at the end if the subscription period.  Cancelling mid- subscription keeps it from renewing but you still get the full prepaid term of use.

If you can tolerate paying for two overlapping subscriptions, sign up for the new one using a different email address and log yourself into that account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Stvhooker3
Binge Watcher

I already paid for a second subscription, to Acorn, but since I was signed up for acorn thru Roku Channel, I can't log into it. I finally bought the season on Prime. 

Minfischer
Reel Rookie

I ended up getting another subscription to AMC+ in order to watch it, but I think that's unfair. The only reason I got it was to watch happy valley. I tried to send a email to roku to complain and got an error message the email couldn't be sent. Really frustrated.