Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmsbills77
Reel Rookie

Hallmark channel requests repeated logins

The Hallmark app on our Rokus are CONSTANTLY asking us to login with our tv provider. Is there any way to make this one and done? No other app requests repeated logins. Also, once we cut the cord with our tv provider, how can we access Hallmark? Thank you

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Hallmark channel requests repeated logins

Hi @gmsbills77

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on Hallmark or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel Hallmark and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
gmsbills77
Reel Rookie

It is only the Hallmark app. No other app exhibits the problem.

We have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times. In fact we usually have to do that before it will accept the login it requested.

It also occurs on the Hallmark app on my wife's Fire tablet

Thank you

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

The Hallmark channel is a cable-related app.  If you leave your TV provider, it won't be useful to you anymore.

However, there is another channel (paid, of course) called Hallmark Movies Now which may be useful to you.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Someone posted a reply from Hallmark saying they were working on this.  However, that was in March of 2021, so I guess they’re not working very quickly.

gmsbills77
Reel Rookie

We have tried that, the wife doesn't think it's very good. Limited programming. But thanks!

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@gmsbills77 wrote:

... We have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times...

You left out a step. It's:

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

You only listed 1 and 3, omitting 2. Gotta be all three steps in that order.

I assume this means you're still paying for cable, right? Not directly related to your question/issue, but have you priced the difference between cable and a live streaming service that carries Hallmark? For example, I use Frndly TV which is $7/month. It has all the stuff I want. Well, during football season, I get Sling TV, which has ESPN and Hallmark (all I care about) and it's $35/month. After football season, I drop back to Frndly at $7/month. For me, it's much cheaper than cable.

Of course, if you have other channels that you actually watch that aren't on a live streaming service, then cable does make sense.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
gmsbills77
Reel Rookie

Thank you

Yes we do the reboot.

Tried Frndly but unfortunately they do not have an app for the amazon Fire tablet that my wife uses. Otherwise that would be good way to go.

Honestly I don't watch Hallmark, but she lives on it. 

Hallmark ... giving women unreasonable expectations since 1992! lol

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@gmsbills77 

I did not realize that Frndly TV didn't have an app for the Fire tablet. Sure enough, it says it will download to my Fire TV devices, but my Fire tablets are not listed.

I don't have one handy, but have you checked to see if https://frndlytv.com is accessible in the Silk browser on the Fire tablet? Just throwing that out there.

As for your repeated logins, I have nothing useful to offer. It's common on some combinations. I don't know if Roku isn't storing the data (Linux based, so maybe cookies?) for sufficient time. Or if it's the provider that sets that and Roku is simply following instructions. Sorry I can't be any help other than let you know that some combinations are problematic. Yours may be one of them.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Bobbie43
Binge Watcher

The peacock app also has the regular hallmark channels and also a lot of others. Tons of stuff to watch. I believe it’s $5.99 a month

0 Kudos