Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Worldiknow1
Level 7

HGTV Requires Activation Every Time

Every time I start HGTV I have to reactivate the channel with my provider.  All other channels work fine. Very frustrating.  I have the Roku Premiere | HD/4K/HDR Streaming Media Player.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: HGTV Requires Activation Every Time

Hey @Worldiknow1

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Have you tried removing HGTV then re-install it? If not, we suggest giving it a shot. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart > Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Worldiknow1
Level 7

Re: HGTV Requires Activation Every Time

I tried your suggestion and it hasn’t made any difference.  Not only does HGTV require activation but now most our channels are saying that our Spectrum account is no authorized. The problem is we don’t have Spectrum, we use Xfinity.   Our unit is placed on guest mode often as we use this as a vacation mode. My guess is that our Roku keeps trying to use a provider that a guest used. And yes, we have removed it off of guest mode. 

This is VERY frustrating and more work than what it is worth. Wife is so made she wants to rip it out and do something else. 

pease help

0 Kudos