Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davenlr
Streaming Star

HDR10 gets stuck ON even when it is set to be OFF

When HDR always on is set to NO, and you watch a show (on YouTubeTV app) with HDR10, if you turn the Roku off with the remote power button, the next day when you turn it on, it is stuck in HDR10 mode.  Rebooting does not fix.  Only solution is to go into Settings, Advanced Display Settings, and toggle HDR always on to YES, wait for the confirmation, then set it back to NO and wait again for the confirmation.

This is repeatable.

OS 12.5 4175-C2

Roku 4800X

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: HDR10 gets stuck ON even when it is set to be OFF

Hi @Davenlr,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand, and we appreciate you flagging us about this case. We'd like to know more about this. Could you tell us when you started seeing this issue occur?

Also, could you share additional information about this with us by providing the details below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Please keep us posted. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jtyv1
Reel Rookie

Re: HDR10 gets stuck ON even when it is set to be OFF

This has been happening with my device as well. For me, though, a system restart clears it up. Pretty annoying having to constantly restart the thing. I'm this close to switching to an apple tv or invidia shield. 

My device is a Roku ultra 4k, model 4670r.

0 Kudos