Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tveng
Reel Rookie

HD Home run app not working

Hi first time poster. With the most recent app update (v 68.0). The app loads and then plays video for approximately 2 minutes then crashes. Any help greatly appreciated. I'm using a wired connection, this is happening on all my roku ultras (3)

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
okReady

Re: HD Home run app not working

I have this same issue.  I have a Roku 3811X on Software 11.0.0 Build 4193.  

The HDHomerun is on the latest update from them too.  I've seen previous posts where the finger pointing between Roku and the Channel App (HDHomerun) is happening.  

Something wrong has happened and it is due to software glitch on one or both sides.  Please find and provide a fix to this situation.  

I've run through all of the standard operating procedures one would expect to conduct.  

Rebooted both devices - check

Software updated on both devices - check

Stable network connectivity - check

Manually updated firmware on HD - check

Video plays for 30-90 seconds, then crashes back to the Roku's Home screen.  

I've unplugged the tv for 10 minutes. Result is still the same.  

I've found no option to rollback firmware on the Roku to help provide some feedback.  Anyone know how to do this?

okReady

Here is the Issue report tracker in case someone from Roku cares to peek at this situation.Screen Shot 2022-06-05 at 12.52.46 PM.png

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@tveng @okReady

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If you are still experiencing an issue, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
djlouey
Reel Rookie

This is going to seem silly, but it worked for me. Clear the cache on your Roku. From the home screen, make sure "Home" is selected then press the following sequence on your remote. Home button 5 times, Up button, rewind twice, fast forward twice. 

It will seem like nothing happened for several seconds, then restart. It fixes not only this issue but issues I've had with other apps as well.

0 Kudos
Coxo01

Download the Roku Media Player. It will see your HD homerun on the network. Click it and click favorites or whatever and then your channel. That’s it. It works.

works with VLC, smart tvs etc. basically any app that can play media over the network will see your hd homerun and work.

0 Kudos