Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HectorC48
Binge Watcher

MAX streaming in HDR10 not DolbyVision

Still having this issue on my TCL 55R635. Just got the Roku 12 update and reinstalled hbo max for good measure.  Disney and Netflix both do Dolby vision just fine. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
MADx
Binge Watcher

Re: MAX streaming in HDR10 not DolbyVision

Just received update 12 no issues here with HBO and Dolby Vision. 

0 Kudos
HectorC48
Binge Watcher

Which tv

0 Kudos
MADx
Binge Watcher

Sorry, I have a TCL model 55S535

0 Kudos
Coneyparleg
Streaming Star

Update 12.5.5 removed Dolby Vision from Netflix and Max!

My R635 received this update 2/29/24 and now several apps lost Dolby Vision and HDR. Please fix asap. 

0 Kudos
Coneyparleg
Streaming Star

Looks like the problem is back with the latest Roku update. Except now it broke Netflix also. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Coneyparleg,

We're pleased to have you here in the Roku Community.

We understand that you're having issues with HBO Max streaming in HDR10. We'd like to look closely at this concern. Would you mind elaborating on the issue you're having?

• What specific Roku device do you have?
  • If you happen to have multiple Roku devices, was the issue persistent for all of them?
  • What software version is your Roku device currently running? (Check on Settings > System > About.)
  • What channels besides HBO Max are affected by the issue?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far in an attempt to fix the issue?

With more details, we'll be able to provide you with the best resolution possible.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Coneyparleg
Streaming Star

My R635 received the 12.5.5 update 2/29/24 and now several apps, or at least Max and Netflix lost Dolby Vision and HDR. Others with the same device report the same so clearly it’s the update. Please fix asap. 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Coneyparleg,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us here in the Roku Community!

We would be happy to investigate further, but we need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue arise, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.
We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Coneyparleg
Streaming Star

• Roku device model - TCL R635 (Roku model number A114X), serial number-X00300S4SEHW, device ID - S05FY124SEHW, and software OS/version -12.5.5.4177
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? Netflix(5.1/120088003) and Max (56.1/2).  i
  • Tracker ID - HW-090-730
0 Kudos