Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jontalk
Level 10

HBO Max performance and audio setting

My home theater system consists of a Roku Ultra 4800, Onkyo TX-NR636 w/Dolby Atmos, LG OLED C7, WIRED high speed connection and 5.1 Def Tech speaker system. Using the latest v10 firmware which hasn't been updated in over a month. 

HBO Max launches FAR slower than others and when a title is clicked, three revolving dots appear at the bottom as it opens the movie or series which seems odd. 

Re: Audio. I notice that with current titles (Dune, etc), the volume level is lower and sound quality inferior as compared with other channels. The ONKYO does not display the Dolby formats when playing any title, though when in HDMI Passthrough I'm able to switch formats, via the remote. Using HDMI Auto Detect, Atmos does appear when I go to switch Dolby formats. 

Has anyone else experienced the three revolving dots and if so, is there some way to improve the launch speed? I've removed, power cycled and added the channel back to no avail. Also curious if I should use HDMI Auto Detect rather than pass through, but the logic there doesn't make sense.

Thanks

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds.
0 Kudos