Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HBO Max not working after update to MAX

Hello, I used to have an hbo Max LA account and now with the update I’m unable to access, I already checked with HBOmax support and we performed all the BT to fix the issue but was not possible. They told me to contact you since even with the update to MAX the app will still be supported until MAX arrives to LATAM. Can you please help me checking ? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: HBO Max not working after update to MAX

Hi @Alejandraleonl,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention about MAX. It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region.

If channels in your region are not available or working properly, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address's reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com.

If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve it.
We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our support page here: How do I create a Roku account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku streaming device?

Let us know if there's anything else that we can further look into. Thanks!

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
planchez

Rey, hi.

The issue reported by AlejandraLeoni is real. I am experiencing it also.

I have a Latam HBO Max account and it works flawlessly in my Android phone.

So, Roku, put you're A team up to the task of solving the problem ASAP.

Regards,

Pablo

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @planchez,

Thanks for getting in touch here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about this issue with MAX access in Latin America. Could you tell us if your Roku account has been set up in your region? Have you tried the steps given above to see if they work for you?

Keep in mind that the channel provider maintains the majority of the channels on Roku streaming services, as well as their specific availability in each region.

We'll be looking forward to your update. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos