Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ariel66ar

HBO Max in Argentina removed

Jump to solution

My last Roku update remove HBO Max app and install MAX automatically.

But I'm in Argentina and Max is not available yet.
How can i reinstall hbo max app?

Regards

Ariel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: HBO Max in Perú removed

Jump to solution

Hi @Mar0206 

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

We highly suggest you directly contact them regarding this concern because many channels/apps on Roku are created, provided and maintained by the channel services/providers themselves. 

If there's anything else we can be of assistance, let us know and we'd be more than happy to assist you with anything.

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
mop_891
Roku Guru

Re: HBO Max in Argentina removed

Jump to solution

@ariel66ar 

HBO MAX changed to MAX May 23rd. according to this:

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/what-countries-is-max-available-in/

At present, Max is only available in the United States, but that’s set to change as the months go on.

WBD’s CEO of content and gaming, JB Perrette, noted at the conference that there are plans in place to roll the service out to Latin American territories in the fall of this year, while Europe, Asia-Pacific regions, and other markets will be tapped in early, mid, and yet unconfirmed timeframes in 2024, respectively.

0 Kudos
deesui

Jump to solution

Same situation here, apparently I had started my Roku account while I was physically located in the US so that's why HBO Max updated to Max. I used the info here https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/New-Max-HBOMax-not-available-in-Brazil-on-ROKU/td-p/8... and created an account for the Caribbean country I'm located in and I can't even find the HBO Max channel. Even the search function is non-existent, I have to scroll hundreds of apps. This is ridiculous because HBO Max is my only subscription!

0 Kudos
eam-00
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem.
Such a shame... HBO Max was simply the best streaming platform, or at least the one with the best content and on top of that it worked -or used to- in Argentina.
We are basically screwed.

Koluso
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello! I have the same problem.
Before the update it works perfect. I hope they fix it soon.

0 Kudos
Mar0206

Jump to solution

The same thing has happened to me in Peru as well. The HBO Max app changed to MAX, and now I am unable to access it to view the content

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mar0206 

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

We highly suggest you directly contact them regarding this concern because many channels/apps on Roku are created, provided and maintained by the channel services/providers themselves. 

If there's anything else we can be of assistance, let us know and we'd be more than happy to assist you with anything.

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Koppel

Jump to solution

LO MISMO ESTA PASANDO EN ECUADOR, PERO SOLO ES CON DISPOSITIVOS ROKU.

Soy de Ecuador. Tengo 2 dispositivos Roku premiere en uso. Ambos tienen software actualizado. Tengo contratado HBOmax. Se Actualizó a MAX, ya no aparece HBOmax. Ahora no puedo acceder a la aplicación HBOmax porque MAX no está autorizada para mi región. Pero esto sólo pasa con el dispositivo roku, porque en los televisores que son smart sigo teniendo Hbomax y funciona perfectamente. Qué puedo hacer ? Cómo me pueden ayudar ?

0 Kudos
Mar_0206

Jump to solution

HI ariel66ar,

I had the same problem with HBO in Perú, but I communicated with support and they help me the solution.
You must deactivate the account and factory reset of the device roku and start all again.

I hope that I help you 🙂

0 Kudos
Mar_0206

Jump to solution

Hola Koppel,

Yo tenia le mismo problema en Perú, entonces tuve que resetear de fabrica el dispositivo y desactivar la cuenta en la website y tuve que empezar desde cero.
Activar el Roku, activar la cuenta y apareció HBO MAX

0 Kudos