Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CurlyCupcake
Channel Surfer

HBO Max error code and can't authenticate

I came on here trying to see if anyone else was having issues streaming HBO max. Looks like I’m not the only one! I either get an error that our device cannot be authenticated or it just sends me right back to the Home Screen. This is insane that so many are having problems steaming since the update and Roku refuses to figure out a fix! May have to go back to using a firestick! 

ca044a686cf9108b071d8a47344060fc60359de677a948ae3245cf9abff294ca

30 REPLIES 30
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: HBO Max error code and can't authenticate

@CurlyCupcake 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If you are still seeing the issue occur, you'll want to contact HBO Max support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach HBO Max support here: https://help.hbomax.com/us/ContactUs

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CurlyCupcake
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@CurlyCupcake 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If you are still seeing the issue occur, you'll want to contact HBO Max support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach HBO Max support here: https://help.hbomax.com/us/ContactUs

Thanks,
Danny

@UserDanny-R…I’ve done that like 20 times and it never fixes the problem. I’ve also talked with HBO max customer support who says it is a Roku issue, although they tried to help me with suggestions that didn’t work either

CurlyCupcake
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R...I sent you a private message on this already but wanted to let you know publicly that HBO Max says it is a roku issue. For some reason roku isn't recognizing our device for hbo max. I am not even able to get to the sign in page for hbo max. And unfortunately there is no way to manually add a device to an hbo max account either. Any ideas????

HomeBean

Their HTTP request doesn't comply with HTTP standards and fails to pass my firewall's proxy:

Deny [RokuDeviceLANIP] 44.242.159.114 http/tcp 36712 80 Trusted External ProxyDeny: HTTP Invalid Request-Line format (HTTP-proxy-00) proc_id="http-proxy" rc="595" msg_id="1AFF-0005" proxy_act="Default-HTTP-Client" geo_dst="USA" line="{"advertisingid":"e297fd6d-83ba-5eb5-a2ec-cc34fa704256","audioguideenabled":false,"clientscenehash":"","clockformat":"12h","command":"start","connectiontype":"new","downloadcorecomponents":true,"event":"command","expiry":1643081155000,"externalip":"[ExternalWANIP]","firmwareversion":"10.5.0 (4208)","friendlyname":"Hagrid","header":{"client_sha1":"ea2c571f4d","client_version":"6.12.0-hbo.1","client_version_override":""},"hmac":"zOS4IoEsCMdgtNBygHjirItpSjdvM/K7T6A9ONcv6sw=","host":"hbomax-50-60.youidomain2.com","locale":"en_US","manufacturer":"Roku","modelnumber":"4800X","osname":"RokuOS","rokumodel":"Roku Ultra","serialnumber":"b4c21ae6-5710-53e4-ad39-777df0ac1857","timezone":"US/Eastern","uiresolution":{"height":1080,"name":"FHD","width":1920}}\x00{"event":"persistentStore"}\x00{"event":"ready"}\x00{"event":"MarkEvent","timespan":1474,"type":"boot"}\x00{"event":"ping"}\x00{"event":"ping"}\x00"

The IP addresses have been changed to [names of what those IP addresses are] to protect the privacy of... me.

joeyvegas
Reel Rookie

HBO Max returns to home screen

I'm having this same issue.  Has a fix been found yet?  All of my tvs have Rokus and they all have the same result...will not even take me to a login screen...just keeps going back to the Roku home screen.  Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: HBO Max returns to home screen

@joeyvegas

Thanks for the post.

We believe that this issue has been resolved. Have you already tried checking for a channel update? 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ROSUX
Reel Rookie

My HBO still doesn’t work. 

Still says ‘something went wrong’

0 Kudos
Zachary14

The issue is definitely not resolved. Constantly getting a "something went wrong" after the app starts up on a fresh install. 

If it does manage to make it past this page, it says error signing in.

Restarting the app at this point goes to profile selection. So it did sign in. But same error of returning to home screen on HBO. Sometimes it goes to a random page for a movie or show. 

ROSUX
Reel Rookie

I’m pissed