Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Hbo max sign in

Jump to solution

@KT56 @Nanner

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's account authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact HBO Max support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach HBO Max support here: https://help.hbomax.com/us/ContactUs

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Nanner
Level 8

Re: Hbo max sign in

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R are you even reading these posts? As I have stated multiple times in this forum, HBO is sending me to Roku and Roku is sending me to HBO.

Please stop with the generic copy paste nonsense answers and take ownership of this. 

Looking forward to hearing from another Roku employee in a week with the same copy paste answer. Just keep kicking that can down the road.

Keep on farming those forum metrics.

KT56
Level 7

Re: Hbo max sign in Social Media

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R I contacted both Roku and HBO Max on Social Media. HBO Max support was nice enough to try to solve the problem. We tried a bunch of different things. One of the suggestions was to remove the channel from Roku and then add it back; but for some reason, you can't remove the channel from Roku. That option isn't under the menu for the channel. You would have to cancel the subscription. HBO Max did not want me to do that. We skipped that. When they couldn't solve the problem, they forwarded it to their "Advanced Support." Those people messaged me to tell me that they were aware of the issue. My point is that both parties need to work together to work through this issue. Customers should also NOT be charged for the months of subscription they are losing, as a result of this frustrating problem. There is no excuse for this. It is now almost AUGUST! I applaud HBO Max for their prompt response. Roku Support....not one person reached out to assist me. Something needs to be done and soon before the FCC is contacted. 

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@KT56

Thanks for the follow up.

Have you tried canceling your subscription to HBO Max, removing the channel, restarting the Roku device, then adding the channel back again to see if that resolves your issue? Please be aware that if you cancel your subscription to HBO Max you may need to re-subscribe.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Nanner
Level 8

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R @I resolved this by throwing my Roku in the trash and switching to an Apple TV. Everything works great now.

0 Kudos