Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Hbo max sign in

Jump to solution

@gijoe

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? How were you accessing HBO before? Are you trying to access HBO Max on your Roku device?

With more specific information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
albsure04
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same problem as several others have said in this thread. I was using HBO on the Roku Channel until the transition. The email I received said that it would be a seamless transition and it has been anything but seamless. After going through the ridiculous exercise of scrolling through terms and policy verbiage, I get the same message others have gotten of 'Email already in use'. I even changed the email address to another I have and STILL got the same message. This needs to be resolved. This is the Roku platform and Roku needs to tell though of us experiencing this specific issue how we going to stream HBO that we have paid for. Thank you

0 Kudos
Robertwell
Level 7

HBOmax app does not allow sign-in (or sign-out)

Jump to solution

When I launch the HBOMax app, it asks me to create an account, but I already have one.  If I try to use it, I'm told that it already exists.  There is nowhere to sign in on any of the screens and there is no sign-out link on the profile screen (like the documentation and HBOMax support folks say there should be).  I see there is some info about Roku only having an agreement with Warner Media for certain parts of the county.  Is this related?

BTW this is happening on all of my Roku devices

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@albsure04 @Robertwell 

Thanks for the post.

You will need to create a new email that you have not previously used. If you do not have another email to use, you will need to contact HBO Max support for further assistance.

You can reach HBO Max support here: https://help.hbomax.com/ContactUs

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Nanner
Level 8

Jump to solution

Having the exact same issue. Hbo sent me to roku, roku says go to hbo.

Just like everyone else here.

Install hbomax app

Select a show

Roku prompts that account has been found

Go through the create account wizard, and am presented with a "this email is already in use, please sign in" 

There is no sign in option.

It's 2021, how is "use a new email address" really a solution you are giving out?

gijoe
Level 7

Jump to solution

Why would everyone need to create a new account?  We already have accounts with out payment information stored.  Do you expect all of your users to use a completely different email address, setup a new account (likely with the same payment method), and cancel their previous accounts with HBO?  This solution is unacceptable.  

RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @gijoe,

We appreciate your post.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact HBO Max support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach HBO Max support here: https://help.hbomax.com/ContactUs

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Thskskgif
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have been paying for this service for months now, and still have not been able to use it. Everytime I try to sign in I have the same problem as everyone else on this thread. Your boiler plate answer isn't cutting it "Danny". Come up with an actual solution, or shut you **bleep** holster and everyone's money. 

KT56
Level 7

Jump to solution

Like many others, I am experiencing the same issues. I too created a new email with a different password and am still getting the same message as others. "Email already in use. Please go back and choose sign-in or enter another email." When you return to "Sign-In" it just takes you back to where you started in setting up an HBO Max Account after Roku verifies your credentials. It's frustrating, since I am paying for a subscription that I cannot even view right now. This seems to have been going on since March. It is now almost July. 

Nanner
Level 8

Jump to solution

HBO is sending us back to Roku.  Why will neither company take ownership of this?