Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Etienne1
Binge Watcher

Re: So the Max app replaced my HBO Max app and now its asking me to sign in again

Jump to solution

Did you try calling the MAX helpline?  If not, here is the phone number.  855-442-6629.  I previously tried all the resets and didn't work either.  When I called, an agent sent me an email to click on to reset my password, despite my having MAX through DISH.  Once doing what he prompted me to do while on the phone, I was able to sign into my ROKU/MAX using a new password.  Please try calling the above number for help.  Good Luck

0 Kudos
genx

Re: HBO Max transition to Max did not work for me, now I am permanently locked out

Jump to solution

I have not been able to log in since the transition.

Changed my email and password, reinstalled, turned it off and on again, verified login with other apps and browsers, and the Max app on an updated Roku3 does not allow me to log in.

On a lengthy specialized support case with HBO on May 29, 2023, "The good news is they are aware of the issue. The bad news is they can't help me at this time."  They would not give me a Bug number, target release version, or target release date.  The fix will come in an update to the app at some point.  

I tried again this weekend, and it still doesn't work, and there is no update to the app.

0 Kudos
Blizzardly
Reel Rookie

Re: HBO Max transition to Max did not work for me, now I am permanently locked out

Jump to solution

Yup. Tried accessing it again yesterday through Roku just for funsies, still not working. It’ll have been a month since the Max launch in a few days. Luckily I discovered I can get to the app directly through my Samsung TV and that has been working, but again—what a joke. I otherwise would have cancelled my subscription two weeks ago.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi! @genx, @Blizzardly,

Thanks for your post.

If a specific channel is not properly working, it's possible there may be an issue within the channel itself that the service provider will need to investigate. Content is managed by each channel provider directly. If you observe an issue with any particular movie or TV show on a particular streaming channel, you'll need to contact the channel provider to report this issue and request more help.

Please feel free to let us know if you need any additional assistance!

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Etienne1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I keep trying to post on this site that there is an HBO MAX helpline so you can call and they can help you get things sorted.  It's 855-442-6629.

Chanty

Jump to solution

HBO will not update to Max app on my Roku. I have tried all suggestions.

model: 4T-C50DL7UR

ser#. X00000KM9SV7

device ID: S0AMC29M9SV7

software: 12.0.0. 4182-D4

channel: HBOMAX 54.1

tracker ID: V7-250-718

0 Kudos
Etienne1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Please call MAX Support line and they will walk you through it.  They did for me.  Call 855-442-6629.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Chanty,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with the HBO Max channel since it will not update. We're happy to help. We have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Etienne1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Please call the HBO MAX support line and they'll get you on.  They did for me.  855-442- 6629.

0 Kudos
Ke5
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No ‘clear cache’ option.

0 Kudos