Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zeoranger7

Re: HBO Max transition to Max did not work for me, now I am permanently locked out

Jump to solution

I also log in via AT&T and I am just getting an endless loop telling me to connect my provider. When I try to log in via the app I just get an error message as well. 
I did get an email from Max telling me all my credentials were transferred, though. 
Tried chatting with Max support but had to give up after waiting an hour. 

Austinsus
Channel Surfer

Re: HBO Max transition to Max did not work for me, now I am permanently locked out

Jump to solution

Having similar issues.  Roku is obviously not going to do better so it's time for me to move to a new platform.  Roku did not even support HBO Max in the last few months so I had to cast it from my iPad, where I had an HBO Max account that seamlessly transferred to Max today.  However, when I tried to install Max on my Roku TV, no matter what I tried, it said, there is already an account with that email address, even though one of them was a throwaway account I HAD JUST CREATED.  Max has a war room set up and is quickly fixing all problems they can.  However, they cannot fix the Roku platform.  I've had so many issues lately with my less than three year old TCL Roku.  If that is considered obsolete in Roku world, I'm done.  You just can't seem to keep up, and your constant fixes just make things worse.  For instance, I DON'T WANT YOUR **bleep** STREAMING CHANNELS, so stop forcing them onto the channel guide.  

Laselllynn
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Same here. I was able to get in on the app on my 1 Apple TV & phone but not Roku (everything is up to date). I have Roku on all my 5 tv and need to access it. And I couldn’t get in on my actual smart tv app either. Very frustrating!  I did figure out a work around but it’s annoying. You can cast it from the phone app to your tv as long as you pull up the app on your tv. I tried chat support as well and that was a let down. 

0 Kudos
Austinsus
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

None of these troubleshooting suggestions ever work on my (three) Roku TVs.  Once something is broke, it's broken forever it seems.

Laselllynn
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I couldn’t get it on my smart tv either. Same loop. My phone and my 1 Apple TV were the only ones I could access. I have 5 Roku’s 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Austinsus wrote:

Having similar issues.  Roku is obviously not going to do better so it's time for me to move to a new platform.  Roku did not even support HBO Max in the last few months so I had to cast it from my iPad, where I had an HBO Max account that seamlessly transferred to Max today.  However, when I tried to install Max on my Roku TV, no matter what I tried, it said, there is already an account with that email address, even though one of them was a throwaway account I HAD JUST CREATED.  Max has a war room set up and is quickly fixing all problems they can.  However, they cannot fix the Roku platform.  I've had so many issues lately with my less than three year old TCL Roku.  If that is considered obsolete in Roku world, I'm done.  You just can't seem to keep up, and your constant fixes just make things worse.  For instance, I DON'T WANT YOUR **bleep** STREAMING CHANNELS, so stop forcing them onto the channel guide.  

You're still blaming Roku for something that have zero control over. HBO has sole control over how the app works, period. There's nothing Roku can do with the problems you're experiencing. It's all within the MAX app, and only HBO can do anything about that. Don't compare the app on a different device, as it's running on a different operating system and written in a different programming language HBO has messed up their Roku channel, and only HBO can fix it.

Why it's working for some people, we have no way of knowing. I've tested it on two of my Roku players, a Premiere 3920 and Ultra 4800, and it's working fine on both. I had to log back into the channel on both devices, but that was the extent of any problem I had.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
MISR
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I’m having problems too:

()I subscribe through ATT/ DIRECTVand was promoted to sign in to my provider.

()I did so on my phone and the screen said ☑️ YOU’re IN - your TV SCREEN WILL REFRESH SOON and you can start streaming. 

()Well, the TV Screen NEVER REFRESHED. 

()THE SCREEN with the login info and the 6 DIGIT CODE disappeared and showed a landing page to either 

SIGN IN

or

CONNECT via PROVIDER

Which was what I’d just done.

So, like a scene from GROUNDHOG DAY I did it again and got the same result.

(1) Is this an app problem?

(2) Will clearing the cache solve it.?

It seems to be an MAX-communicating -with-my-Provider-problem.

PLEASE SORT ME OUT before Sunday night 9pm when the SUCCESSION finale airs.

0 Kudos
Fuzzygruf

Jump to solution

Removing the channel on Roku and adding it again worked for me. Thanks!

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Just remember that when you remove a channel, you MUST reboot the Roku before adding it back. On a Roku TV, just turning it off does not reboot it. Go into the Settings/System/Power/System restart. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
mop_891
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Yes, it's frustrating. Just have to wait until MAX gets the app sorted out. Frankly figured this would happen. On my Samsung smart TV max comes up as "not available in your area yet".