Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adman1
Level 8

HBOMAX better be decided on quick

What is Roku's issue with HBOMAX beside the fact that Hulu offers it as an add on...negotiations need to move quicker...it's been way too long

skv1899
Level 8

When are you guys going to get HBO Max?

I have a samsung tv in my living room, but an older TV with a roku in the two bedrooms. It is super annoying to not be able to save a movie for bed, or continue watching anything. I kept thinking you guys would get it soon, but it has been months. Is it going to be soon? I'm ready to buy another device entirely so I can actually enjoy what I'm paying for. I've always had roku, but honestly, if you guys aren't going to carry new channels, there really isn't anything unique you bring to the table as just a device.

comfier
Level 7

hbo max app not available on Roku?

My HBO app does not support the new HBO Max programming through HBO trying to figure out how to use my ROKU to stream like I used to, my cable provider supports it but if I want to watch only choice looks like my computer. Is ROKU being left out of app access? Only choices were Apple TV. Please help

0 Kudos
handyguy222
Level 7

Roku's disrespect for its customers

The failure to resolve the HBO Max issue demonstrates a disturbing lack of respect for Roku's customers.  The moment HBO Max is available through another means [such as my LG TV] I will drop my Roku HBO subscription and give that money to someone else.  A month, maybe; two months, stretching it; but now it's more than 3 months and no sign of a breakthrough.  Foolishness. 

fluke
Level 13

Re: Roku's disrespect for its customers

@handyguy222 wrote:

The failure to resolve the HBO Max issue demonstrates a disturbing lack of respect for Roku's customers.  The moment HBO Max is available through another means [such as my LG TV] I will drop my Roku HBO subscription and give that money to someone else.  A month, maybe; two months, stretching it; but now it's more than 3 months and no sign of a breakthrough.  Foolishness. 

I understand you being frustrated by the situation and I am also frustrated.  It would be nice if I better understood your perspective so I could sympathize with you better.

Would you mind walking me through your logic?

Based on your post, you own both a Roku device and a LG Smart TV.  Nether have gotten you access to HBO MAX in over 3 months.  Am I right so far?

So, in your mind, these device manufactors (such as Roku and LG) have a way to force AT&T/TW/HBO to release a HBO MAX app for each of their devices but selected not to do so?

Why do you think Roku and LG "choose" to show such disrespect for their customers?

Again, I also feel frustrated with the situation we are in but just need you to clear up the details on how you see the specifics of what is going on.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@handyguy222 wrote:

Or, you could have written this as:

The failure of HBO to provide Roku and Chromecast devices, the two major players in the streaming market,  with an app to run HBO Max demonstrates a disturbing lack of respect for HBO's customers.

The fact is, this is a business negotiation, and it takes TWO sides to negotiate.  When neither side is willing to come to an agreement, whose fault is it?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Ctc1970
Level 7

HBO MAX

What in The H*ll is going on? Why hasn’t Roku added the HBO MAX app to Roku yet? They have HBO, but no Max!?! Really?? I purchased all Roku TV,s and Devices, and I feel like Roku needs to have a little more compatibility. I’ll probably sell all of mine, which is sad. Cannot wait fir the next new devices come out. I love Roku, but it’s going downhill just like Apple TV and Amazon Firestick. Ridiculous! 

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HBO MAX

@Ctc1970 wrote:

What in The H*ll is going on? Why hasn’t Roku added the HBO MAX app to Roku yet? They have HBO, but no Max!?! Really?? I purchased all Roku TV,s and Devices, and I feel like Roku needs to have a little more compatibility. I’ll probably sell all of mine, which is sad. Cannot wait fir the next new devices come out. I love Roku, but it’s going downhill just like Apple TV and Amazon Firestick. Ridiculous! 

Channel apps on the Roku are created, supplied and maintained by the channels themselves.  Roku just supplies the platform on which they run.

What the H*ll is going on?  Why hasn’t HBO added the HBO MAX app to the two most popular streaming devices, Roku and Amazon Fire (an estimated 70% of the market), yet? HBO has one for minor players like Apple TV and plain old Android, but no Roku!?!  Really?? I purchased all Roku TVs and devices, and I feel like HBO needs to have a little more compatibility.

HBO is in business negotiations with Roku and Google Chromecast over carriage agreements.  Neither side has shown signs of blinking at this point.  Why do you direct your anger at just one of the parties?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
handyguy222
Level 7

Are you a Roku employee hired to muddy the waters here? Of course it takes two for a successful negotiation, duh. The fact that Roku has said little or nothing does not increase my confidence in their intentions.

0 Kudos
RebelGrove
Level 7

I'm inclined to blame Comcast and AT&T. After all, thats who HBO and Peacock actually are. I've never known either company to be remotely consumer friendly, If they want to be on Roku, they should pay up like any other customer. No special deals for either of these two leaches. I'd rather read a book than pay either of them a dime.