Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scorpio70
Level 7

HBO Max app in Roku channel store corrupt or incomplete

Roku Express 4K+ 3941X; OS 10.5.0 build 4201-CR

The HBO Max app version found in the Roku channel store is either corrupt or incomplete. When adding the HBO Max channel, its installation takes 1 second and progress never leaves 0%. When I open the app, it tries to load and then just reverts back to the home screen. I just spent an hour with HBO support thinking the issue was the HBO Max app itself. We concluded that it must be one of two problems: 1) the version of the app that resides on the Roku channel store is defective and Roku needs to have this updated, or 2) the Roku OS 10.5 update is impacting this app and causing it not to install properly. All of my other streaming apps on my Roku work fine, and HBO Max works fine on all my smart TV's. But HBO Max will not install on my Roku devices running 10.5. Thank you in advance for any technical support you can provide to fix this issue. I haven't had any Roku issues prior to this happening yesterday. Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: HBO Max app in Roku channel store corrupt or incomplete

Yes, Having the same issues, very frustrating when you can not reach someone to communicate with, especially when you are paying good money to have a channel. I use the ROKU streaming stick +. I thought my stick was devective, or something gone bad. Even if needed replaced you still can not communicate with a live person GRRRR

lakotah8644
Level 7

I'm paying for HBO Max every month.  I can get HBO Max on the TV where I signed up, but not on my other Tv's in my home on the same network.  I want HBO Max on all of my TV's.  What can be done ?

0 Kudos
etaylor21
Level 7

Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the exact same issue on the same device and OS version.

0 Kudos