Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HBO Max, Requesting a Refund

Hi, for about 1 month, we were unable to watch any movie on HBO Max, it would constantly freeze up and we had to repeatedly get out of the app. I'm requesting a refund for one month's of service. We were able to fix it by hitting star on the remote and "updating the channel." My husband had tried that previously, it didn't work at that time. So, please refund one month of the service.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HBO Max, Requesting a Refund

@scottiejenny1 

Try submitting a billing issue on the Contact page.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HBO Max, Requesting a Refund

When your husband pressed * on the remote was he able to remove the channel without first having to unsubscribe from the channel?  If so:

• You did not subscribe to HBO Max through Roku, and so you are not paying Roku for this subscription.
  • For any refund considerations you should be contacting whomever you are paying for this subscription.  It could be directly with HBO, or possibly some third party other than Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X