Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DebzL

HBO MAX subscription not working on ROKU.

I subscribe to HBO via my cable service which includes HBO MAX subscription with apps. I was able to log into HBO MAX channel on ROKU initially with no problems, but now the ROKU device (streambar) settings tells me the subscription is expired? I doublechecked with cable service and confirmed I am still subscribed to HBO/HBO MAX. So why is the HBO MAX channel not accepting my (once) confirmed subscription on ROKU?

Thank you for any clarification.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: HBO MAX subscription not working on ROKU.

Hello @DebzL

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HBO MAX subscription not working on ROKU.

If uninstall/restart/reinstall doesn't fix it, the next thing I would try is logging out of the channel app, and logging back in.

I don't have HBO Max to check details but ...

Somewhere in the HBO Max channel app you should be able to find an option to log/sign out of the current HBO Max account. It could be under Settings, Options, Account, or something similar. Once logged/signed out, you should then be able to log/sign back in using your current account provider credentials.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos