Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mererudy

HBO MAX Black Friday Sale

I just took advantage of the Black Friday offer for MAX 2.99 for 6 months. When I go to my account it says my next payment of 9.99 will be billed December 22, 2023. This make no since to me. If the deal is 6 months it should say Next billing of 9.99 would be May 22,2024. Please advise.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HBO MAX Black Friday Sale

I'm guessing that deal comes from HBO and not Roku.  When you say "account", is that your Roku account?  If so, then I assume you already have a subscription through Roku.  If you already have a subscription through Roku then the only way to take advantage of the deal that comes directly from HBO is to cancel your Roku subscription.  It will only get messier from there.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
lizzy28

I am having the same problem. I got an email from Roku thanking me and stating 9.99 will be charged on May, 2024. However, on the site, it says 9.99 due in dec 2023?

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @lizzy28,

Thanks for your first post here in the Roku Community!

Getting help from our Account0-Billing team may be more effective, as they are the best ones to help you.

Please get in touch with them through our Account-Billing Team Support page. Choose "Account, payment & subscription," and you should be able to talk to one of our live representatives.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to further assist you besides this.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Evvielu2
Reel Rookie

it’s absolutely very misleading. I just signed up for it through their thing and they’re telling me that if you ever had max or HBO before that you were eligible, it doesn’t say that anywhere so I’m stuck with the 999 also that’s not right

0 Kudos
Evvielu2
Reel Rookie

IMG_4329.jpeg

0 Kudos
Evvielu2
Reel Rookie

IMG_4329.jpeg

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@Evvielu2 I notice on the bottom of the screen it states "Terms apply".  Did you read the terms that apply?

Does it state new customers only?

0 Kudos