Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guest Mode Default Channels missing

Did Roku intentionally remove the default channels that were installed in Guest mode on the home screen? I used to have Netflix, Prime and others installed by default. Now the channels are gone and I only have the option to install them manually. This is a real pain and I can't get any answers from Roku on Chat or via Phone. I explain the situation over and over and they just revert to trying to show me how to add a channel. Infuriating!

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
bran24
Channel Surfer

Re: Guest Mode Default Channels missing

I have the same issue, and the same experience with support and their lack of understanding the issue at hand!

0 Kudos

I also have just discovered the same issue on 4 Roku tvs today.

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello Community Users,

We have received your concern regarding a missing channel on your Roku TVs and devices, and we would like to assist you in resolving this issue. To do this, we require some more information from you.

Please provide us with the following details:
  • Roku model or TV model
  • Serial number
  • Device ID
  • Software OS/version (you can find these details in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you encounter this issue, press the Home button five times followed by the Back button five times and provide us with this ID)
  • Troubleshooting steps you have already taken

Our team will look into the issue once we receive your response with the requested information. We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Thanks,
Jharra
Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jkalbach
Reel Rookie

Jharra 

I tried guest mode on 4 devices this evening getting ready for a rental season. No default channels on any of them. 2 Roku expresses, 1 Roku had stick and one tcl Roku tv. I think there are problems and today your service was down causing problems with switching to guest mode and installing channels. I will send serial numbers tomorrow.

0 Kudos
jkalbach
Reel Rookie

Here are  2 of my devices that do not preload any default channels in guest mode.

0 Kudos