Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaddeo
Channel Surfer

Guest-Mode Channel Apps Missing - Empty List

Empty list of channel icons in STREAMING CHANNELS in Guest mode

Roku Soundbar, hardwire ethernet, plugged into surge protector all devices on the powerstrip are working. 

Guest mode loads with standard channels. I open up an app, then go home button and no channels are appear only add a channel or TV off. 

Recently they reappeared but only 6 channels now are available as standard.

I've reset the device back to factory and, ran update v 11.0.0, b4193

We use this for our rentals and had guests complaining that this is annoying.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Guest-Mode Channel Apps Missing - Empty List

@jaddeo

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
-screenshot of the issue you are experiencing

Once we have more information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jaddeo
Channel Surfer

Re: Guest-Mode Channel Apps Missing - Empty List

@RokuDanny-R  apologies for the delay. We had not been down to our rental in a month.

The issue seems to be resolved and I noticed the same for others.

If it occurs again I'll reply to this thread with the information you asked.

0 Kudos